Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Forum Meets / Where to Go!

Forum Meets / Where to Go! Forum get togethers. Tracks done. Tracks to do.

Old 28-12-10

Default SEQ Day Trip Rainbow Beach - Sunday Jan 23 (formally Belthorpe National Park Trip)

Hi all,

Due to the severe flooding and track closure, we have decided to cancel the trip to Bellthorpe National Park and substitute it with a day trip to Rainbow Beach.

Can the members who have committed to the Bellthorpe trip, please advise by replying to this thread if you still wish to come along?

When:: Sunday Jan 23rd, 2011
Where: Rainbow Beach run
Tides: Based on this web page onRainbow tides, low tides is usually between 10am and 12pm. I'll confirm closer to the trip date the exact low tide time.

COST: Beach access permit is required. $10 for a day permit and can be purchased via the derm website. Here is the link http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/services_...?item_id=34497 - You only need to get the Cooloola Way Vehicle Access permit for this trip.

The Meet:
Northbound Twin BP off Bruce Highway before the Bribie Island Caboolture turn off.
8.30am for 9.00am departure.

Things to bring
Camera, mossie repellent, basic recovery gear, lunch or we can buy it at Rainbow beach, water, chair and a sense of adventure.

Attendees
Chilli
Fro
Johnhgh
Cameltrain
JoshF
CeeJay
Bennys + 3 friends
BrisVegas
Jcd

Now: Mazda MX5 NB8A
Past: Suzuki Grand Vitara

Last edited by chilli; 21-01-11 at 05:18 PM.
Old 28-12-10

sounds like a plan Guess we have to wait and see what Derm say closer to the time.... Would it be wise to have an alternate destination, should it still be closed?

Cheers

Marty
Old 29-12-10
Valued Member

I'll be there
Old 30-12-10

I've tentatively added this trip to my diary. Hopefully the rain goes away and allows the tracks to dry out beforehand.

Bye Jeff.
Old 30-12-10

Hi,

I am up for this trip as well.

see you then.

Kemsley
Old 30-12-10
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

sounds like a plan, bring shovels to fill in all the new ruts :-)

add me to the list
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Last edited by JoshF; 30-12-10 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-01-11
Valued Member

Count me maybe for now Chilli.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 08-01-11

Yeah we'll jump in on this one too, conditions pending.

North Brisbane

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
Old 09-01-11
Valued Member

Over 100mm of rain at Bellthorpe today, another 100mm forecast over Mon/Tues.

I reckon it won't be open next week.

You know the gully I fell into at Bellthorpe last time? Well we've got some about the same size in our front yard now. 101mm of rain in 6 hrs at Samford today.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 10-01-11

I reckon thats pretty much an accurate assessment there Ceejay.... they are expecting another 300mm of rain to fall this week alone..... I read somewhere that its effecting all the tides as well, so they are having KING Tides much more often as well at the moment, sounds crazy!!! There is danger everywhere.... although when i drove up to the sunshine coast last weekend, there seemed to be plenty of Mud lovers in the forestry tracks around beerwah.....