Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 14-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
There are no planned updates to Pajero or Challenger auto-mates or lockup-mates. Any further updates would be the result a problem informed by customer feedback.

If you PM me your name I'll lookup your unit and its sw version, and I can tell you any changes made since it was delivered.
deamerman, your Pajero auto-mate unit has v3.8 and was sent on 21 Apr 2019.
Here are a summary of the software changes since then.

IMPROVEMENTS - (Pajero auto-mate only)
- In SPORT mode, it now delays change over to Drive until <20kph (normally at 30kph) if engine braking in 2nd gear with pedal off. Note: the 1st quirk my change it into 1st at 30kph [Improved safety as moving to DRIVE unexpectedly reduces engine braking performance]
- Includes ability for user to configure the warm-up temperature. Default now 40 degC.
- More robust to exceptions - Watchdog Timer, loss of CANBus messages, SW freeze, or transmission error (CEL)
. Reduced standby power consumption (30mA down to 13mA)
. Improved operation with pedal controllers (eg. iDrive)
. Improvements to the shift profile
. smoother gear changes at lower RPM
. improved operation with partial lockup mode for NT and NW.

BUG FIXES:
. LED didnít flash when switching off auto-mate.
. Turning off AM8 did not switch the relay off. Temporary loss of factory TCC control. Turn ignition off to restore/fix.
. Very occasionally after a gear change it incorrectly goes into SPORT mode
. When turning unit on/off/on. If in D, may cause change to SPORT mode
. Moving from D to N to D may occasionally cause entry into SPORT mode

I recommend you send it in for a SW update, primarily to get the 1st item in the improvements list above related to engine braking.
You can order a SW update at the MM4X4 Shop at the web site, and we'll send you details on how to return the unit. Cost is just P&H.

Cheers Marshall
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 14-03-20
Valued Member

Fitted mine today. Took about 1.5 hours without really rushing it. No dramas and all worked per the manual afterwards. Kit is awesome - well made and has all the bits you need. Instructions were well documented also. Will be towing the boat tomorrow & keen to see the difference in trans temps and the ability to hold a higher gear. I also need to adjust a little to avoid the rumble when locked in 5th at lower speeds.

Thanks for your effort on these kits Marshall. Appreciate the amount of research and coding that must have gone into these!

Pat
Old 15-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psproule View Post
Fitted mine today. Took about 1.5 hours without really rushing it. No dramas and all worked per the manual afterwards. Kit is awesome - well made and has all the bits you need. Instructions were well documented also. Will be towing the boat tomorrow & keen to see the difference in trans temps and the ability to hold a higher gear. I also need to adjust a little to avoid the rumble when locked in 5th at lower speeds.

Thanks for your effort on these kits Marshall. Appreciate the amount of research and coding that must have gone into these!

Pat
Thanks Pat - let us know how it goes with the boat in tow.
Shift profile can be adjusted up a bit if the 5th is too low for your car. The Paj driveline is very sensitive to shudder and seems to vary between vehicles. I believe this is one of the reasons the factory program unlocks the TCC so readily.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread

Old 26-03-20

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did read very early in there that you were looking at doing one for the NP, did this get anywhere?
If so i'd be sticking my hand up for one.
Cheers Brian
Old 26-03-20
Valued Member

Towed the boat to Burrinjuck and back last weekend. Lockup kit made a huge difference. No more holding a lower gear trying to keep trans locked up.trans temp never over 70 and IAT lower as well. And it used less fuel too. All good for the win.

If anyone has one in Canberra region they want fitted im handy with a soldering iron.

Cheers - Pat
Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB63 View Post
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did read very early in there that you were looking at doing one for the NP, did this get anywhere?
If so i'd be sticking my hand up for one.
Cheers Brian
Hi Brian, sorry, no plans in the near term for the Gen 3.
Build thread

Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

The product doesn't really need any more plugging, it sells itself but I took our 2.5t caravan back to it's storage place today which involved a trip through the winding roads of the Dandenong Ranges. Auto Mate off and the trans temp was 72 in the pan and 85 at the pipe. Turn Auto Mate on and it dropped quickly down to 70 and then settled around 62 on both readings.

I turned it off again for the trip home and noticed that even without the caravan on the back, the trans temp got back up to 80at the pipe and 72 in the pan, so on it went again and it settled back to low 60's as it did before.

I'm very glad I got it, towing or not.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
The product doesn't really need any more plugging, it sells itself but I took our 2.5t caravan back to it's storage place today which involved a trip through the winding roads of the Dandenong Ranges. Auto Mate off and the trans temp was 72 in the pan and 85 at the pipe. Turn Auto Mate on and it dropped quickly down to 70 and then settled around 62 on both readings.

I turned it off again for the trip home and noticed that even without the caravan on the back, the trans temp got back up to 80at the pipe and 72 in the pan, so on it went again and it settled back to low 60's as it did before.

I'm very glad I got it, towing or not.

Thats why I have to laugh at thsoe people who say their suv or twin cab, with no aftermarket gauges, tows 3 tonne easy and no problems whatsoever. No temperature gauges means all is well...wouldnt call the factory water temp a gauge..more of a "shit its boiled and your motors gunna have problems" gauge.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 28-03-20
Resident

I'm amazed that Wholesale Automatics still sell analogue transmission temperature gauges for modern vehicles. I couldn't do that in good conscience - I'd have to tell owners about OBD2 devices.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

Nothing wrong with good old fashioned temp gauges IMHO. No messing around, what you see if what it is.
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.