Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 21-02-20

Default Head Unit NW

I'm exploring upgrading the head unit or stereo in my NW perhaps replacing it with the NX with more up to date tech. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is possible? Regards Ashley.
Old 21-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyk View Post
I'm exploring upgrading the head unit or stereo in my NW perhaps replacing it with the NX with more up to date tech. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is possible? Regards Ashley.

Certainly possible, bit of trickery to get steering wheel controls and reverse camera functioning. I have Alpine iLX-702D in mine but had professionally fitted as I just didnít have the time. Installer sorted all the connections, also new fascia to suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-02-20

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 21-02-20
Valued Member

If you are going to the trouble of updating it may as well put something decent in not an NX one
Really not that difficult just takes a bit of planning and research.
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 21-02-20
Valued Member

Hey bud search the below link will bring up a few threads within this forum re upgrading headunit.

pajero nw upgrade headunit site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 24-02-20

Two years ago I fitted a Dig Options unit which came with a 6.2" fascia, heaps of cables and all the bells and whistles.
It was very easy to fit, and "learned" the steering wheel controls except for the phone answering etc.
Also got their rear camera which is 12v. as the original is, I think 6v. and was exactly the same size, so no problem fitting.
The unit is actually a small computer, and as such takes a minute to boot up.
Doesn't sound like a lot till it is used, especially when out of the car for more than ten minutes, and it has to boot again, and I mainly listen to the radio. Also, if still reversing when the unit boots up-because the sound is muted when the rear camera is engaged-the sound does not come on the radio when 'Drive' is selected. Has to be reset. They told me two years ago they were "working on it".
Even threw away the dash cam that came with it as ALL sound was turned off when it was engaged. Duh! Fitted a Uniden front/rear instead.
I now realise that I would have been better off with just a name brand with Bluetooth, rear camera, and the ability to play WMA/MP3 files from card or USB. As long as the radio comes on straight away.
When caravanning, we just plug a phone into the dual USB charging port I fitted in the blank under the ash tray and use Google Maps and WikiCamps. Phones are the new computers.
Think about what you really need from a head unit and discount a lot of the hype.
Old 01-03-20

The idoing is worth considering, see Denmonkey's review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wETbObKQ6HA
2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
--SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II