Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 27-08-19

Iíve had the EZ drain tap for about a year now. Itís under a bash plate in which I have made a 2 cm hole allowing me to operate the tap. I use a small hose on the tap to direct the oil better. Canít see any problem with it opening by accident as itís higher than the plate - itís a bit of a faff opening it but easier than dropping the bash plate. I do oil changes every 10K km. I was concerned about the likelihood of damage to bash plate and/or sump plug threads from the frequent use, and having to get new sump plug washers all the time.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 27-08-19
Valued Member

I had one on my Paj for about 6 yrs I think. When I sold that and bought the Cruiser it was one of the first things I bought for it. So I've had them for about 8 or 9 yrs now and never had an issue. Makes oil changes SO much easier.

I still have to take the bash plates off to change the oil filter so that's a non issue for me.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 27-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garc View Post
Iíve had the EZ drain tap for about a year now. Itís under a bash plate in which I have made a 2 cm hole allowing me to operate the tap. I use a small hose on the tap to direct the oil better. Canít see any problem with it opening by accident as itís higher than the plate - itís a bit of a faff opening it but easier than dropping the bash plate. I do oil changes every 10K km. I was concerned about the likelihood of damage to bash plate and/or sump plug threads from the frequent use, and having to get new sump plug washers all the time.

Nice, I like the idea of using a short hose too. There is often a good wind blowing when I change my oil and it can make a mess. I'll have to have a good look under there at clearances. 2cm hole is quite small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post
I had one on my Paj for about 6 yrs I think. When I sold that and bought the Cruiser it was one of the first things I bought for it. So I've had them for about 8 or 9 yrs now and never had an issue. Makes oil changes SO much easier.

I still have to take the bash plates off to change the oil filter so that's a non issue for me.

Thanks for that, good to hear a long term review. With the Boos Bash Plates on the Pajero I can already change the filter without removing the transmission guard so that's an improvement on the factory guard. I might start looking for filters with drains on them too, they are mentioned somewhere on this forum.
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 27-08-19
Valued Member

Fleet guard oil filters have the drain bolt on them.
Old 28-08-19

Youre right, the hole is probably bigger. I only put the hose on when I drain it

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
Nice, I like the idea of using a short hose too. There is often a good wind blowing when I change my oil and it can make a mess. I'll have to have a good look under there at clearances. 2cm hole is quite small.

Thanks for that, good to hear a long term review. With the Boos Bash Plates on the Pajero I can already change the filter without removing the transmission guard so that's an improvement on the factory guard. I might start looking for filters with drains on them too, they are mentioned somewhere on this forum.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.