• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mckenzl
    • Mar 2013
    • WA

Bye Pajero... Hello MU-X

Well after 345,500km, with a tear in the eye, I said bye to my Pajero. I took this photo after its final clean and still admired how good looking the cars is.

Anyways, after much deliberation my wife and I have bought a new Isuzu MU-X. MY17 LST. The thing that clinched for the Isuzu over another Paj, was the rear seats. They actually work in it. We've had it two weeks now and up to 1500km already. Took the camper down to Hopetoun over easter, and took the MU-X on the beach and it was capable, not that I really tested it. I got a 112L tank, as 65L standard tank is a joke. Although 65L in the MU-X will get is further than 88L in the Paj.

Now I just have to hope I get as good run out of the Isuzu as I did the Paj. Cheers everyone for your help over the past 6 or so years. My family is full of Pajero's, when they have something go wrong, they call me and it's all due the brains that exist on this forum, the best by far I have ever been involved with.

All the best with your riigs.

Liam
    Attached Files
    Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST
  • bennyb29
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Brisbane

A former colleague of mine replaced his NM series with a MU-X, so it does seem to be one of the logical upgrades. I dont really see where the MU-X scores more over the Pajero, but then, that's just me!
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• kerway
      • Aug 2010
      • North West Sydney

A mate bought a MU-X a few years ago to replace his Navara as a tow vehicle for his poptop caravan. He says it tows fantastic and drives nicely. He wasn't overly fussed with the small tank as he only did black top towing anyway. His wife was so impressed that she now has it as her daily driver leaving him with the old Territory .
      I'd be interested in regular updates on your MU-X for future reference. Was the bigger tank a factory option or did you go elsewhere?
      NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• Hill
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

The Mux has a lot going for it.

I'd buy one if it had a central diff and the rear axle loading was a few hundred kg more.

Hill
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• mckenzl
          • Mar 2013
          • WA

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
          A former colleague of mine replaced his NM series with a MU-X, so it does seem to be one of the logical upgrades. I dont really see where the MU-X scores more over the Pajero, but then, that's just me!
          Apart from the rear seats, which we use, I believe the Paj to be in front also.
          Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• mckenzl
            • Mar 2013
            • WA

Originally posted by kerway View Post
            A mate bought a MU-X a few years ago to replace his Navara as a tow vehicle for his poptop caravan. He says it tows fantastic and drives nicely. He wasn't overly fussed with the small tank as he only did black top towing anyway. His wife was so impressed that she now has it as her daily driver leaving him with the old Territory .
            I'd be interested in regular updates on your MU-X for future reference. Was the bigger tank a factory option or did you go elsewhere?
            Will get another post going and update on that. LR tank is an ARB Frontier 112L tank installed by the dealer.
            Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• mckenzl
              • Mar 2013
              • WA

Originally posted by Hill View Post
              The Mux has a lot going for it.

I'd buy one if it had a central diff and the rear axle loading was a few hundred kg more.

Hill
              Rear axle is light, but ball weight is twice that of the (standard) Pajero. No centre diff, doesn't bother me. Still has a transfer case and low range. No locker doesn't worry me either, my Paj never had one either.
              Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2014
                • Wellington,New Zealand

no centre diff?So its part time 4wd and only engage 4wd when on the loose stuff?Auto hubs too i spose?RThat wouldnt worry me either i dont think .We only have the flash model here and auto only.
                2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• mckenzl
                  • Mar 2013
                  • WA

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                  no centre diff?So its part time 4wd and only engage 4wd when on the loose stuff?Auto hubs too i spose?RThat wouldnt worry me either i dont think .We only have the flash model here and auto only.
                  It doesn't have an equiv "4H" of a Pajero. The 4H in the MUX causes windup unless your in loose stuff. That is exactly the same as my Ford Ranger work Car. From what I gather, the front hubs are always engaged, as one of the common mods made is to put free wheeling hubs in so you can use low range with the hubs out for reversing heavy loads.
                  Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2014
                    • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by mckenzl View Post
                    It doesn't have an equiv "4H" of a Pajero. The 4H in the MUX causes windup unless your in loose stuff. That is exactly the same as my Ford Ranger work Car. From what I gather, the front hubs are always engaged, as one of the common mods made is to put free wheeling hubs in so you can use low range with the hubs out for reversing heavy loads.
                    understood, thanks
                    2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                    BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X