• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sillypoint
    • Feb 2013
    • Adelaide

Camping on the west coast?

Heading to the west coast in May. Just me, my wife, couple of kids and a dog. Towing the camper. I keen to head straight to cactus, for a few days surfing then head back down the coast via streaky, Ellison etc. I was wondering if any of the sa boys could give mr the heads up on campsites round that way, we could go to with the dog. I know about davenport creek, and may check it out after cactus. I'll be the only vehicle and as I am basically inexperienced in 4x4 driving. Ill be taking things very carefully. Will have some gear with me for sand recovery etc. just looking for some nice spots to camp have a fish and relax.
    Cheers
    2007 NS auto DiD, Arb bullbar, Dual battery system, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler/sump combo, Cooper AT3s
  • floater05
    • Nov 2010
    • Port Lincoln

not sure how far your south planning on heading but halls bay near mt hope is nice. and its free.
    dirt road most of the way then about a 500m-1km of sandy/rocky terrain will get your camper in there. not sandy enough to let you tyres down for.
    2002 NM GLS,
    ARB Bullbar, GME UHF, Narva 225s, 2" Lift (lovells) HD Front EHD Rear, Snorkel, Waeco CF50, ARB Awning, Rhino Racks, Pajero Club Stickers, Rear Aux Battery (Excide Stowaway ST27DC105), Maxtrax, Homemade roof basket, LED camp lights, Red Arc Low Coolant Alarm, Drop down table, Fishing Rod Holder, Rooftop Water Storage, Tigerz 11 winch, Bushskinz Bashplates, Rear Storage, Dual Tyre Carrier

Comment

• sillypoint
      • Feb 2013
      • Adelaide

Thanks mate, such a massive coast must some secluded spots to camp. I've looked a few on the net but there must be more. Reckon I'll just drive down the coast road and investigate tracks that lead toward the beach. Can't wait
      2007 NS auto DiD, Arb bullbar, Dual battery system, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler/sump combo, Cooper AT3s

Comment

• floater05
        • Nov 2010
        • Port Lincoln

I havn't done a lot of camping up the coast, I tend to stick closer to Port Lincoln, but yeah from what I can tell theres loads of nice beaches you can get to for free camping. Just be prepared to look around. check out google maps on satellite. Or download wiki camps app for 5 bucks it list a heap of campsites in the area.
        Greenly beach and Coles point offer camping. Ive never camped at either but from doing day trips I can tell theres not a lot of shelter from the wind.
        2002 NM GLS,
        ARB Bullbar, GME UHF, Narva 225s, 2" Lift (lovells) HD Front EHD Rear, Snorkel, Waeco CF50, ARB Awning, Rhino Racks, Pajero Club Stickers, Rear Aux Battery (Excide Stowaway ST27DC105), Maxtrax, Homemade roof basket, LED camp lights, Red Arc Low Coolant Alarm, Drop down table, Fishing Rod Holder, Rooftop Water Storage, Tigerz 11 winch, Bushskinz Bashplates, Rear Storage, Dual Tyre Carrier

Comment

• stormboy
          • Apr 2014
          • Adelaide

Down past streaky is point labatt seal colony. There are several waves before the colony and plenty of camping enjoy!

Comment

• sillypoint
            • Feb 2013
            • Adelaide

Thanks mate il check it out.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X