• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Photos of oil from pro vent 200

These photos were taken after 6000 ks from a pro-vent 200 mounted in my NW. I also have the spv egr mod.
    phot 1 shows oil collected from pro vent and that has run from filter yo drain hose (sitting in bend of hose, waiting for drainage at some time)
    Photo 2 is a picture of the filter just as I pulkled it from the housing.
    Photo 3 shows the difference in clours of pro-vent pipes. Darker pipe is oil covered and going to pro-vent. The clear pipe is the pipe feeding the filtered air/oil mist back into the air intake pre turbo.

I am happy not to have this oil fed onto my turbo or build up on the airtake housing.

YOUR CHOICE..
    Attached Files
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money
  • mavtd
    • Sep 2011
    • Central Coast NSW

Great idea using the clear hose.

Makes it very obvious the benefit of fitting the oil catch can.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by mavtd View Post
      Great idea using the clear hose.

Makes it very obvious the benefit of fitting the oil catch can.
      Supplied by ENZED. About $60. Just shows how much goes onto the turbo vanes. Happier knowing its not hitting the turbo.
      CHEERS
      Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• msman
        • Mar 2012
        • melbourne

mine just collects 2-3spoons of water in the drain hose, filter looks similar to yours.
        hose form engine to provent a little dirty not as bad as yours + a little condensation.
        from provent to engine some condensation near the pro vent and clean after that.

if you want a surprise take off the pipe from airbox to turbo and see the caked on oil on the inside of it, eye opener when i did a coolant change.

Comment

• mavtd
          • Sep 2011
          • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          Supplied by ENZED. About $60. Just shows how much goes onto the turbo vanes. Happier knowing its not hitting the turbo.
          CHEERS
          Nice one. I'll have to pay them a visit. I've used black heater hose.

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by msman View Post
            mine just collects 2-3spoons of water in the drain hose, filter looks similar to yours.
            hose form engine to provent a little dirty not as bad as yours + a little condensation.
            from provent to engine some condensation near the pro vent and clean after that.

if you want a surprise take off the pipe from airbox to turbo and see the caked on oil on the inside of it, eye opener when i did a coolant change.
            All the extras went on with a brand new vehicle. I would expect zero oil anywhere except in the engine!!!! I hope...
            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• rotare
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2007

Is such a small amount of oil (over 6000kms) really going to have any detrimental effect if it goes through the engine?

I understand what happens when the EGR gases mix with the oil in the intake manifold, but if you have blocked the EGR there shouldn't be an issue. It seems to me then a minute amount of oil vapour is probably the lesser of the evils? I also understand that oil in the intercooler may reduce the efficiency by a very small amount, but from what I've read that efficiency drop would not even be noticeable to most.

I did 220K in my NP diesel before I sold it. I had the EGR blocked but no oil catch can. Just prior to selling it I took off the intake pipe from the airbox to the turbo and had a good look at the impellor of the turbo on the intake side - it looked brand new, no sign of pitting or any wear. I'm not sure such a small amount of oil going through the intake would have any effect on the turbo impellor at all. If it did I'd suspect we'd be hearing that DiD owners were regularly replacing or rebuilding turbos.

Not trying to be argumentative or critical, just pointing it out and interested to hear what others think.
              2013 NW VRX

Comment

• Bogger
                Unregistered as asked
                • May 2011

All the extras went on with a brand new vehicle. I would expect zero oil anywhere except in the engine!!!! I hope...
                Dicko do you do short stop start trips ? Will give you more than if it has a decent run each start up ?
                Could explain why your seeing more than you would wish ?
                Could be interesting to compare the use of vehicle compared to MSMANs that had little ?

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Bogger View Post
                  Dicko do you do short stop start trips ? Will give you more than if it has a decent run each start up ?
                  Could explain why your seeing more than you would wish ?
                  Could be interesting to compare the use of vehicle compared to MSMANs that had little ?
                  I reckon your right. My oil in engine is still clean and that's thanks to the spv egr mod. I also took the filter out at about 3000 klms and cleaned...just to see how much it collects. Definitely wouldn,t put out this much oil on longer runs. At the end of the day I am happy that this oil is not going into my turbo inlet or onto the turbo blades.

Worth it or not? I don't give a rats....
                  Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Pilks
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth

CHEERS
                    Hi Dicko,

I'm looking at putting one of these into my NP.
                    Can I ask if you know what the clear hose is called by Enzed? Also did you have to get reducers from the 25mm inlet/outlet on the provent to the 19mm rocker breather and airbox filter? Or did you simply use the hose clamps to crush the tube ends?

Thanks in advance.

Tony
                    2004 NP Pajero Exceed 3.2 DID

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X