• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conquistador
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • sth east queensland

convoy protocol simpson desert bikes and cars

Looking for advice on what protocols needs to be considered when we have a largish crew of bikes and 4b's crossing the simpson. Have experience with keeping a mob of bikes going the same way and same with 4wds.

But, The challenge will be I guess is the bikes are a fair bit quicker and the riders have the memory capacity of a alcoholic goldfish.

Cheers
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Maintaining a convoy protocol requires discipline from the whole group, not just leader and Tail End Charlie. Unless your lead bike is somebody responsible who will call regular halts to let the group catch up, and the rest of the bike riders don't insist on overtaking him/her, I'm not sure you will have much control.

I can only suggest that you nominate "jumps" - before you leave one spot, nominate the next spot where everybody will stop and wait.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X