• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bundyjr
    • Sep 2012
    • brisbane

Originally posted by baggins View Post
    Not sure I understand the logic here I'm afraid.
    some brake pads on the market that would be considered an upgrade are in general made of a harder material which will perform better at higher temps/ last longer but in turn will wear out disc rotors at a faster rate then normal. for me its a person preference to burn up pads first and for most at the end of the day

Comment

• baggins
      • Feb 2012
      • melbourne

Originally posted by bundyjr View Post
      some brake pads on the market that would be considered an upgrade are in general made of a harder material which will perform better at higher temps/ last longer but in turn will wear out disc rotors at a faster rate then normal. for me its a person preference to burn up pads first and for most at the end of the day
      Using that logic you should not have changed your calipers. Better to stay with the original single piston triton calipers as they prob have a smaller pad so will heat up quicker. And as the disk size is the same the disks should last ages and the pads will last less....

An added benefit of that will also be it will take longer to stop. So you'll shy away from driving at speed. Your new 3.8 will be under stressed driving slow and your fuel economy will be great!

Comment

• bundyjr
        • Sep 2012
        • brisbane

Originally posted by baggins View Post
        Using that logic you should not have changed your calipers. Better to stay with the original single piston triton calipers as they prob have a smaller pad so will heat up quicker. And as the disk size is the same the disks should last ages and the pads will last less....

An added benefit of that will also be it will take longer to stop. So you'll shy away from driving at speed. Your new 3.8 will be under stressed driving slow and your fuel economy will be great!
        that make no sense what so ever
        twin pot callipers along with larger pads equates to an over all
        larger surface area that is subjected to braking loads and as a
        result better performance. and yes the master cylinder is matched to the
        brakes

Comment

• baggins
          • Feb 2012
          • melbourne

That's not what your saying in your earlier comment. However now that you've realised this the 4 piston calipers that I suggest would be an improvement again wouldn't you say.. And you'd have to accept based on the logic you provide that what I was suggested is actually superior and you are wrong to say otherwise. Just going by what you say now. Sure you must agree with your own logic..
          Two Pistons better than one so four must be better again.

Comment

• baggins
            • Feb 2012
            • melbourne

Anyway who cares please post more info bout the engine swap so I have power to go with my upgraded disk eating brakes...

Comment

• Gen3
              • Nov 2011
              • penrith , NSW

Originally posted by bundyjr View Post
              how would it be available when my laptop is turned off
              sorry i missed this post . Dropbox stores them in the cloud so your laptop will no longer be required for others to use the file .

Comment

• Dr Project
                • Sep 2014
                • Melbourne

6G75 (380) into MK Triton

Sorry for the hijack bundyjr, but I've just done this too.
                I did the write up for another guy and to share.
                Soooo much better than a slightly sick 3.0L
                What did you do differently?
                Dr.

Comment

• baggins
                  • Feb 2012
                  • melbourne

Ace info thanks very much

Comment

• stumagoo
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth WA S.O.R

I am enjoying these conversions, its where my build is intended to go eventually. Cant even think how much better the 3.5 is over my old 3.0 so I am really hanging out to go the next step. GOt to kill the current engine first though before my lovely wife allows me to upgrade...... damn this thing is strong though
                    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• bundyjr
                      • Sep 2012
                      • brisbane

[QUOTE=Dr Project;513145]Sorry for the hijack bundyjr, but I've just done this too.
                      I did the write up for another guy and to share.
                      Soooo much better than a slightly sick 3.0L
                      What did you do differently?
                      Dr.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx...ew?usp=sharing[/QUOTEimpressive write up

where everyone chooses to use the ecu and loom from there current car to run the 380 motor I chose to build a complete custom loom from a manual 380 that I brought from pickles so my truck is in fact running the factory 380 ecu fuse boxes, body computer. dash and steering wheel ect ect .ill get to putting up build pics of it one of these days but im currently on holidays in the NT and beer kepps getting in the way of doing anything constructive

Comment

• bundyjr
                        • Sep 2012
                        • brisbane

mods as follows
                        engine mounts modded to suit 380 block
                        380 sump cut and shut to clear diff and bolt up to bell housing
                        intake manifold and fuel rail spun 180 degs.
                        aftermarket return style fuel pressure reg used to feed non return 380 fuel rail
                        front of engine is all 3ltr. including oil and water pumps, alt, aircon
                        custom headers I built feeding single 3inch system
                        3ltr flywheel and excedy safari tuff clutch

Comment

• Dr Project
                          • Sep 2014
                          • Melbourne

Bundyjr.
                          Yep. That'd be a nicer package, but for a number of reasons (one of them p platers driving the car) I wanted a very stock / unmodified look.

It'd take a very practised eye, even getting under the car (bashplates hide the sump and no one would pick the exhaust spacer), to spot it's not quite stock.

Comment

• bundyjr
                            • Sep 2012
                            • brisbane

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X