X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregmj
    • Feb 2017
    • Sydney

I have the GLX, so definitely none fitted.
    Does anyone know how to completely remove covers, I can pop the front side out but can't get the bottom out.
    I have ordered some 40mm Pioneer tweeters and will post progress and results when done.

Comment

• Loady1
      • Aug 2016
      • Queensland

As far as I can tell, the panel first unclips from the rear edge (window), then a white panel clip needs to be carefully popped using one of those forked tools. Some people manage it with a long screwdriver. I will be keen to hear how you go with the Pioneer tweeters. If you go the clearview mirrors website there is a video of a guy removing the Mitsubishi panel to fit clearviews on Pajero sport/Triton.

cheers
      Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
      Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• Gregmj
        • Feb 2017
        • Sydney

Tweeters done! I used Pioneer ts-s250 tweeters, cut the leads down to about 2 inches long, soldered header pins from Jaycar (95 cents for a strip of 40 and have perfect spacing for tweeter plug, solder carefully as the plastic spacer melts easily) mounted tweeters with supplied mounting pads to door frame in line with original grills, plugged them in ( positive to red and white wire, negative to black and white, wrap of insulation tape to secure even though the pins are a nice firm fit. I managed to do this with just popping the 2 front clips out of the tweeter cover and carefully bending back. This is where the header pins come in handy by just plugging straight in to the standard plug.
        Now set your music type to jazz, set your bass just above half, your mids to half and your highs to just below full, grab 1 can of your favorite beverage, put on Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street, set the volume to as loud as you like and enjoy!
        I apologize for no pictures. I did take them but just can't seem to upload them.
        I sincerely hope this is as helpful to someone as the help I have received from this forum.

Comment

• DaveXT
          • Mar 2010
          • Melbourne Outer East

Can't believe you don't get tweeters in your PS. Tweeters are fitted to my mid spec GLS Triton.

Comment

• Loady1
            • Aug 2016
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Gregmj View Post
            Tweeters done! I used Pioneer ts-s250 tweeters, cut the leads down to about 2 inches long, soldered header pins from Jaycar (95 cents for a strip of 40 and have perfect spacing for tweeter plug, solder carefully as the plastic spacer melts easily) mounted tweeters with supplied mounting pads to door frame in line with original grills, plugged them in ( positive to red and white wire, negative to black and white, wrap of insulation tape to secure even though the pins are a nice firm fit. I managed to do this with just popping the 2 front clips out of the tweeter cover and carefully bending back. This is where the header pins come in handy by just plugging straight in to the standard plug.
            Now set your music type to jazz, set your bass just above half, your mids to half and your highs to just below full, grab 1 can of your favorite beverage, put on Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street, set the volume to as loud as you like and enjoy!
            I apologize for no pictures. I did take them but just can't seem to upload them.
            I sincerely hope this is as helpful to someone as the help I have received from this forum.
            Hope you get around to pics. So no crossover issues?

Well done that man!!!
            Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.

Comment

• Gregmj
              • Feb 2017
              • Sydney

Sorry, forgot to mention, make sure you buy tweeters with built-in crossovers or has their own in line as this is what the originals have. There is no crossover in line from the factory wiring. I even tried a pair of $10 cheapies off ebay with built in crossovers that performed surprisingly well.

Comment

• looknround
                • Feb 2017
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Gregmj View Post
                Very helpful info, thank you! Would also love to see some photos if you can get to it. Are there tweeters available with these header plugs already attached? I'm pretty lousy with the soldering iron that I don't have!

Comment

• Loady1
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Queensland

I note that the Pioneers you fitted are 8 ohm impedence. Was that intentional? I see many car audio at 4 ohms. I was loking at Alpine tweeters (4 ohm) with crossovers. I have no idea what impedence for Oem tweeters.

Comment

• Gregmj
                    • Feb 2017
                    • Sydney

Loady, it would be just as easy to cut wires and use bullet connectors, I just wanted to use original plugs.
                    8 ohm tweeters are fine, very slight less load. I am pretty sure originals are 4 ohm.
                    You can't go wrong with the Alpines, just make sure you use the crossovers.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                      • Jan 2016
                      • Adelaide

Fitted these to mine - nice to get a slightly fuller sound in the vehicle! As stated, easy job (I soldered the connections).
                      2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                        • Mar 2018
                        • Western Australia

If you dig around you will find the wiring for a lot of accessories that may not be on the lesser spec models.
                        To save costs, the wiring loom is the same for all specs, but they just plug in the accessories for any particular spec level.

Good to know the wiring is active. There was always the possibility it was not plugged into anything at the stereo amp end.
                        Last edited by JohnFromPerth; 06-05-20, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Purdy
                          • Oct 2015
                          • Mullumbimby

Just in case nobody knows, because I haven't seen a response for it yet, you can test all speakers including tweeters from the secret stereo menu.
                          2016 Pajero Sport Exceed. Snorkel & under-body protection plates

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X