• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Aldi sale

I picked up the deep dish 4wd floor mats about 3 years ago..$20.00 for the complete set, front and rear.
    Still going strong up here in East Arnhem..the heat, rain, hot sand..no problem.
    Best $20 I have ever spent on the Paj.
    An Aldi 4wd sale...you lucky lucky buggars!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Peterng; 31-08-17, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• MELONHEAD
      • Apr 2010
      • Curlewis NSW

I bought a heap of the Aldi 4x4 gear this morning including the roof racks, but the roof racks are going back. They have a tiny 14mm T bolt accessory channel on top and a maximum bolt diameter of 6mm T bolts. I have looked around a bit and cant find any suitable T bolts easy to come by, and don't want to have to make T bolts ever time I want to mount another accessory. Just keep this in mind if you intend to purchase the roof racks.
      2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
      1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• gemster
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Gold Coast

What else did you buy Melonhead?
        I only got the canvas seat covers and the little torch... Wanted a gear bag but they were sold out..

Gemster
        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by MELONHEAD View Post
          I bought a heap of the Aldi 4x4 gear this morning including the roof racks, but the roof racks are going back. They have a tiny 14mm T bolt accessory channel on top and a maximum bolt diameter of 6mm T bolts. I have looked around a bit and cant find any suitable T bolts easy to come by, and don't want to have to make T bolts ever time I want to mount another accessory. Just keep this in mind if you intend to purchase the roof racks.
          I was in there today and had a look. They are different to the set I bought from Aldi two years ago. On mine, the top of the channel is about 12mm with (max bolt thickness) and the bottom track about 20mm (as near as I can tell with a tape measure). I didn't open the box but they seemed more rounded in profile too, judging from the pics.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• BBP
            • Oct 2007
            • Canberra

Went and had a look, and of two stores no one had the gear bag. Must have been popular or they did not have many. Oddly there were a lot of winches and compressors still there even at midday. Might just been that store in Canberra. I picked up an awning, cheap enough and if it breaks I won't cry too much. Going to set it up so it can work off the back as well as the side. Thought the floor mats were ok for 19.95, but decided I would prefer the sandgrabba ones.

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

I grabbed a set of the mats. They are a perfect fit for the Paj.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                • Apr 2010
                • Curlewis NSW

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                What else did you buy Melonhead?
                I only got the canvas seat covers and the little torch... Wanted a gear bag but they were sold out..

Gemster
                I got a set of canvas seat covers, the roof racks, an awning for my father in law for fathers day, a set of floor mats and a set of the recovery tracks. I have not had a chance to fit anything yet but it sounds like the roof racks are different/less good than the last time they were offered. Only cost about $400 for all this stuff plus a dirty laundry hamper for the boss, and she was happy so therefore I am happy.
                2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
                1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• gemster
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Gold Coast

Nice.. I like the seat covers.. lots of little pockets.... I just like hearing about what people got and what they think of their Stuff they bought..... The Gear bag went real early at my Aldi too...

Gemster.....
                  YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Curlewis NSW

I just fitted the canvas seat covers to the NT and I am impressed. As you said there are heaps of pockets, especially on the back that the kids will be able to fill. They fit well, look good, are airbag compatible, and at $40 a pair you cant go wrong .

Comment

• spaceyoo
                      • Mar 2017
                      • Melbourne

Try a posh area!

Hehe - i got the gear bag! I was going to turn up early at my local Aldi, but had a sleep-in, and since I was going to meet a friend at South Yarra - I assumed nobody would TOUCH the stuff there!!
                      I was right!
                      (For all those outside Melbourne - it's more of a Porsche Cayenne kind of crowd)

So got just the bag and the compressor. I also wanted the torch but forgot and was also thinking about the capacitor starter kit (I have a bad habit of forgetting the lights on :/)
                      We have an Aldi awning from a couple of years ago, works great (although I find awnings to be not that useful).
                      As for mats - we have some form of cheapo ones, and they do the job of keeping the mud/sand away! easy to wash, and super durable. For 20$ its a very good buy!

Comment

• DamienM
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Penrith

I picked up two of the torches. There were still some roof racks, cages and bags available at Emu Plains. I saw a set of the recovery tracks too, hard to say how good they would be.

Comment

• rykiel575
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Sydney

I've been to a few aldis but yet to see the winch.

Is it a case of them being sold already or do you think that the store didn't get any as they thought it wouldn't be a popular item (being in the inner city and also in the suburbs)?

Edgecliff Aldi had the gear bag as well as Fairfield west.
                          2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Seigried
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2016
                            • brisbane

Arana hills store in Brisbane still had a winch last night

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hatto
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2013
                              • Mandurah WA

The only seat covers I saw were for a 3/4 bench seat and single bucket. So I didn't get some. We're there others (two bucket seat covers)?
                              I got a spare wheel bin bag while I was there though and it seems to be well made. Time will tell I suppose
                              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• gemster
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • Gold Coast

Yes there were 2 types of Seat covers.... 3/4 'Ute' style and Bucket seat style covers... Looks like I have missed a Rear Bag...

Gemster.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X