• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chutsy33
    • May 2008
    • Far NW Qld

NS rear driveline

Anyone have a clunk in the rear of their NS. I went looking and found the rear driveline has slop in it. Laying under the car, in neutral grab the rear driveline and twist it back and forward. Seems to have wear in the splines.
    Anyone know where I can get a NS rear driveline? Thanks
    2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.
  • Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

Have you checked the rear hub nuts are tight?

I had a big clunk that was caused by the commonly known rear passenger side hub nut being loose

Quick tighten up fixed it quick smart
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• chutsy33
      • May 2008
      • Far NW Qld

Will check them out when I get a chance. Thanks
      2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.

Comment

• kiwi1973
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • New Zealand

There is a test in the Mitsubishi manual as to the maximum amount of backlash at the propellor shaft, which I think is what you are referring to. I think from memory 5mm is allowed. If you have more than that it could be several things (diff, CV driveshafts, or the CV joints on the propellor shaft itself).

First thing I would try regarding a clunk is not only to check that the hub nuts are tight, but to actually undo them and apply a smear of grease to the splines on the CV driveshaft where they go through the wheel bearing/hub. I had an annoying clunk there a couple of years ago and read the tip on here of greasing the splines - my clunk immediately went away and hasn't returned in over 2 years.
        2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• chutsy33
          • May 2008
          • Far NW Qld

Thanks, will give that a shot as well.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X