• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

ARB commercial Bull Bar NT - DIY install video series

here is a series of 3 videos which cover the install of the ARB bar onto the front of the old Paj.

Installing a bullbar was not something I had done before and cutting into the pajero was not something I was taking lightly.
    Whilst it took longer than expected, I'm very happy with the results.
    There were a few stages that had me pausing and thinking but at each of those steps I managed to make it through.
    Those moments can cause the pucker to tighten up though.
    Of course everything relaxes when you figure out a plan.
    It's pretty labour intensive and I don't think I would tackle this in a single day. It's more a weekend job. A long weekend would be even better to take your time.
    Instructions were a bit of a mix from good to rubbish. There are not enough pics to guide you and to give you confidence that you have it right before moving in for the kill.
    Lots of image searching on the net was of some assistance.
    I tried to cover all the bits that I had questions about in my head when considering going ahead with a self install.
    A mate said he would have happily paid the $400 odd for it to be installed. .....but where is the fun in that.
    It's not every day you take to your truck with a jigsaw and grinder.

Oh and get some mates over to help with the lifting etc.

Some pics first because I know people love pics

how it arrives

With its guts all over the place

required help

get said help to test the support brackets by putting his sizable head under the bullbar

fitted up

Full Monty

If anyone can tell me how to succesfully embed these I would be much appreciated.

Also thank to WhipIT for his pics in the TJM thread. I know they weren't for me but they helped.

and the videos for anyone looking to play along at home

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

cheers Brett
    Attached Files
    Last edited by denmonkey; 13-05-18, 11:09 PM.
  • marco888
    • Jun 2016
    • nsw

that looks cool, just wondering how much you pay for the bar?

cheers
    MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• denmonkey
      • Oct 2017
      • Newcastle NSW

Hey Marco,

$1390 from ARB in Newcastle .

Comment

• Phillipsart
        • May 2018
        • Bundaberg QLD

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
        Hey Marco,

$1390 from ARB in Newcastle .
        I got quoted aroumd $2000 and thats not fitted for a NP. Are the bars for NP more expensive or where they trying to rip me off?

Comment

• vk7hch
          • Oct 2013
          • Kingston Beach, Tasmania

NM bar was $1390 from ARB Hobart supply only.
          2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

te embed em they have to be hosted onteh web somewhere.I spose i should get with and say they gotta be in the cloud.Good work
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• denmonkey
              • Oct 2017
              • Newcastle NSW

they're hosted via utube. other forums seem to work with them and others not.
              so be it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X