• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

ARB commecial bull bar

Hi all

I've just chucked down a deposit on an ARB commercial winch bar.

On doing a call around the quotes I got for other bars 'premium' type bars were all around $2grand plus.
    Based on this I was looking to source a local XROX bar and was quoted $1390, plus $80 shipment I believe.

Not being real happy with the lack of protection of the xrox but liking the improved approach angle and winch option, I kept looking.

ARB pointed out their commercial bar which are their cheaper version of bars

according to their website:-

ARB commercial bull bars and winch bars are a cost effective alternative to deluxe bull bars, offering a comparable level of vehicle protection.
    Incorporating many of the strength related features of a deluxe bull bar, commercial bars provide considerable frontal protection but achieve cost savings through a simplified manufacturing process.
    Commercial bars are frequently specified by government and fleet operators – organizations that demand strong and functional equipment but are willing to go without some of the aesthetic characteristics.

Not giving a ratz bum about fox lights etc, I happily paid the $1390 for it.
    Anyway, Just wanted to share as I was quite surprised the ARB bar was the same price as the xrox.
    Everyone seems to go xrox for the price but if you're looking maybe check out the commercial bar too.

I'll do a install video of the bar and the Runva winch when it all turns up.
    Still deciding on the winch size as yet.
    Have a question in with Runva re the current draw difference between the 9500 and the 11000.
    That will guide my choice.
    Any advice on the runvas or cutting bumpers is appreciated

cheers Brett
    Last edited by denmonkey; 09-04-18, 09:42 PM.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

By the look of your vehicle it seems that you have after market suspension. I wouldn't put a bull bar and winch on without modifying the suspension to assist with the extra weight.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      By the look of your vehicle it seems that you have after market suspension. I wouldn't put a bull bar and winch on without modifying the suspension to assist with the extra weight.

Don't think it's denmonkeys vehicle Dicko. He lives in Newcastle and the Pajero is registered in Victoria.

Comment

• denmonkey
        • Oct 2017
        • Newcastle NSW

Hey Dicko,

That's not my vehicle on the pic, its just from google.

I do have the heavy duty 2inch lift Lovell+Bilstien from Bushskinz.
        So I'm all ready to go.
        I am quite interested to see how much difference it makes once both are on.
        I might even weigh the whole vehicle once done.

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
          Don't think it's denmonkeys vehicle Dicko. He lives in Newcastle and the Pajero is registered in Victoria.
          beat me to it. Nice Spot Bruce

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X