• Show
Clear All
  • pusspuss
    • Jun 2010
    • ballarat

picked up the new caravan

So we picked up the new caravan recently
    A Lotus Tarmac 21ft
    Tare weight 2400kg, ATM 3200kg, I took it to the local weighbridge loaded with our gear and 200ltr of water on board and van came to 2850kg with ball weight of 168kg.
    I have ARB heavy duty springs in the rear and air bags pumped to 10psi.
    Pajero tows the caravan well at 95 to 100km per hour and achieves 16.5 to 20 litres per 100k depending on conditions.
    Would luv more power but the pajero does the job
    Note the Pajero has a gcm of 6000kg, car with full fuel, 2 adults, gear and ball weight is 2768kg, van at 2850kg so total is 5618kg
    All legal
    Attached Files
    2014 Pajero NW VRX, many extras to come
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

That's quite a home away from home! Looks like you have a reasonable margin for error with all your weights, too.

What are some of the destinations on your list?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Puss Puss,

Congrats!

An d a Lotus as well! (We have a 2015 Lotus Freelander).

Just wanted to let you know about our Facebook Group for Lotus Owners.
      ### Note None of the admins here are employed by Lotus Caravans ### Note you must answer the questions to be accepted This Page is about Lotus Caravans and their owners, and has been created to...

If you want to join up, I will approve you (I am an Admin).

Except better PM your real name!

Congrats again and enjoy.

Cheers,
      Sally

PS We have a great gathering at Kilkivan (Qld), in June with over 100 Lotus vans in attendance if you can make it.
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Paj11
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

From the the picture I can see you don't have a WDH, is that because of the airbags? How would it sit with airbags not deployed?
        2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
          From the the picture I can see you don't have a WDH, is that because of the airbags? How would it sit with airbags not deployed?
          I think it does have a WDH system fitted but the bars are removed for reversing up the driveway. It appears the driveway is level but the Pajero is facing down a slight incline so the towball weight will be lighter on the rear suspension.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• pusspuss
            • Jun 2010
            • ballarat

NJ - Adelaide at xmas for 2 weeks, the Birdsville Bash mid year but no other major trips at this stage.

Sally - I will send a PM

PAJ11 & Old Jack - I have used the WDH on 2 short trips with this caravan, previously used it on our other caravans, I am currently getting the Dexter Sway Control installed so hope not to use it in the future. This van with 15psi in the air bags drops the rear 20mm and lifts the front 5mm
            2014 Pajero NW VRX, many extras to come

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X