Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just a follow up for some entertainment and to share the frustration. As I posted earlier, the dealer replaced the male plug for a female socket - secured with a cable tie. Not happy. Then connected the trailer only to find that they had it wired 180 around the wrong way. Left indicator on car turned on right indicator on trailer, and vice versa. Put on the brakes and the trailer night lamps came on. Turn on the Pajero headlights and the trailer brake lights came on. Seriously!? Did they not check it? The socket even has on it which pins go where.

So I've fixed it myself but I'll be letting the dealer know that their service guys need to lift their game - a lot!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Certainly frustrating when they're wired wrongly by people who should know better.

Interpretation of the connection diagram is sometimes the issue. ie Do you read the diagram as if looking at the pins from the outside . . . . or at the terminals at the back of the plug /socket ?