• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

just looking at a purchase of a 2010 Challenger for a friend ... included in advertisement was a pic of the car running and I noticed the airbag light on in the cluster ... wonder being the car is 8yrs old if they would replace under mitsubishi warranty or the dealer of which the car is for sale would have to fix ??? ...

What's the latest word ?

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      just looking at a purchase of a 2010 Challenger for a friend ... included in advertisement was a pic of the car running and I noticed the airbag light on in the cluster ... wonder being the car is 8yrs old if they would replace under mitsubishi warranty or the dealer of which the car is for sale would have to fix ??? ...

What's the latest word ?

The car is unroadworthy so a dealer can't sell it like that (by law).
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        The car is unroadworthy so a dealer can't sell it like that (by law).
        x2

could be sneaky clear the code ... then as you drive out (not long after come on) ... I said to use it as a bargaining chip ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          x2

could be sneaky clear the code ... then as you drive out (not long after come on) ... I said to use it as a bargaining chip ...

I'd be saying it has to be fixed by a MMAL dealer before delivery (with written proof) or I'm not interested, then write it in the contract before signing.

Might be worth checking the Qld secondhand car warranty law to see if covered (every state may be different).
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
            I'd be saying it has to be fixed by a MMAL dealer before delivery (with written proof) or I'm not interested, then write it in the contract before signing.

Might be worth checking the Qld secondhand car warranty law to see if covered (every state may be different).
            great thinking ...

Comment

• iTool
              • Jan 2016
              • SEQ

Looks like I'm joining the club. The SRS light came on earlier in the year, finally got around to dropping it in at the service centre for a scan. B1604 - the front desk guys couldn't tell me which squib this is for, but a quick google search says driver's side seat belt pre-tensioner.

Anyway, front and rear looms are on order.

Total damage likely to be:
              $75 incl. GST for scan
              $200 for parts (assume GST excl.)
              $650 (6.5 hours) labour (assume GST excl.)

=~$1k

The vehicle is well out of warranty, but the whole thing is an absolute joke given that wiring harnesses are not consumables and could reasonably be expected to last decades. After this, having the A/C redone due to leaking compressor oil and having to fit a catch can to avoid having additional blown turbo hoses, this is the first and last Mits I'll ever buy.
              2010 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

This issue is a well known and documented manufacturing fault that should be covered by MMAL even after the warranty period is over. Contact the ACCC and see what they say, it is no different from the "faulty airbags" now being replaced worldwide.

OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• quack
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Qld

I got the same problem a couple of years ago and ignored it for a while. Went to the dealer who charged me $75 to diagnose and clear the code. The light came back on rather quickly (a week maybe). I was not impressed as the dealer was not interested in other than me paying for the wiring loom fix. Earlier this year I pulled the connectors off at both ends and cleaned them (Jaycar has the necessary stuff). On the next service (March) with my local (non-MM) mechanic he cleared the code. The light has stayed off since then.

Comment

• Giddyup
                    • Oct 2013
                    • Melbourne

"could reasonably be expected to last decades"

Yes, that's what the consumer guarantee covers.

"The consumer guarantees which apply regardless of any warranties suppliers sell or give to you, apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. This means consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired."

Tell them to do it free or take it to consumer affairs.
                    MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                      • Feb 2014
                      • Adelaide

Joined SRS club

Looks like I'm joining the club.
                      Playing with my CANBUS scanner at front of mid consul, backed out of the garage and....

The SRS light came on (151,000km)
                      Scanned by MMA today and was given P1610 code (think it should have been B1610)
                      Told I need new upper and lower harness
                      Quoted $785.00 to fix, no offer of doing it for free....

Original owner, 3 years outside warranty....

Looking for a tool I can look at SRS codes and reset codes as i'm sure its one of the plugs up by the SRS-ECU that I would have disturbed the wiring on.

Ideas on lubricant for the plug contact too please.

Cheers
                      Paul
                      Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 19-03-20, 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Comment

• Kingbrown
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

https://www.bunnings.com.au/crc-di-e...-pack_p4420401
                          Electrolube products are my preference.

There's an oil (SOB) or a grease (SGB) that have served me well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200319_202411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	985286

You should be able to find a supplier on the interwebs.
                          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2019
                            • Victoria

A quick wiggle of the ecu connector can cause a temporary fix. Real problem is that the pins are too small for the sockets, and these dodgy connections after years of accumalating moisture occasionally flog out.

It should be a warranty fix regardless of age IMO, as it is a manufacturing defect.
                            2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                              • Feb 2014
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
                              A quick wiggle of the ecu connector can cause a temporary fix. Real problem is that the pins are too small for the sockets, and these dodgy connections after years of accumalating moisture occasionally flog out.

It should be a warranty fix regardless of age IMO, as it is a manufacturing defect.
                              Well I'll question them on it tomorrow, though I hold no hope as they didnt even care about spilling battery acid on my very first free service and stripping the paint away....and it goes onward from there.....

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                                • Feb 2014
                                • Adelaide

Furious

OK I phoned dealer and I asked what the real code was from yesterday, as I can see P codes (nothing on my scan tool) and its an engine immobilise code nothing to do with SRS.
                                I said it should be a B code......
                                Wiring harness should be under warranty.... MMA said cars outside of, so I said its still under drive train, i'm first owner, its a safety issue you know about and haven't recalled, and as per ACCC rules should last the life of the car i.e. the first ownership..... MMA said they would put in a claim for me.
                                And so they &^%$#@# should!

MMA called back and apologised that the tech read the code as P1610, they had to go back into the MUT unit (I guess) took another look and low and behold it was a B1610 code, your correct sir.

OK so the question is... if they read it as a P code, then they would have scratched their heads as an engine immobilise has nothing to do with the SRS system, yet they said the SRS harnesses top and bottom needed replacing from the said diagnostics at $785, what did they really do for the $65 diagnostics???

I'm thinking that this fault is so common its the first thing they do regardless! Or they are so full of $#%&, and are just out to rip you off, as i'm not convinced they even know what my problem is! Just get me to pay, go away, back pay some more until rule of elimination is played out.... shame on you MMA
                                Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 20-03-20, 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X