• Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

SA - early NS auto

OK, a bit of a weird one?

m_and_m and I are working together on paddle shifts (amongst other enhancements) for Gen 4 Pajeros, and we have NT, NW and NX diesels covered - but we don't know how well what we're doing will work with the NS, or petrol models with the Jatco box.

Any Adelaide members with an NS (preferably '06 model - early production) interested in paddles and willing to be a part of our test team? Discounts available.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

m_and_m and I are working together on paddle shifts (amongst other enhancements) for Gen 4 Pajeros, and we have NT, NW and NX diesels covered - but we don't know how well what we're doing will work with the NS, or petrol models with the Jatco box.

Any Adelaide members with an NS (preferably '06 model - early production) interested in paddles and willing to be a part of our test team? Discounts available.
    Anybody?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

wouldn't they be along the same lines?

Surely the computer trickery must be similar.
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
        wouldn't they be along the same lines?

Surely the computer trickery must be similar.
        Probably, but we would like to confirm that things are compatible between
        1. the NS and later petrol models (Jatco), and
        2. models with the Aisin transmission
        .We would prefer to know that what we are selling will work, rather than have a customer tell us we're wrong. So we will offer discounts to a development partner - which we would like to think is low risk

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

I'd put mine up for being a test mule.....08 NS diesel......but being in Tassie probably doesnt help.

That said happy for you to send it and I can fit and test the system.
          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• big mik
            • Feb 2012
            • Adelaide

correct place to post

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Bump!

We're still looking to meet somebody in Adelaide with the Jatco auto transmission in a Gen 4 Pajero. So that's NS diesel auto, or any NS & later petrol auto.

We may yet take aussieintas up on his offer, but we'd really prefer a local vehicle that we can stick our heads into, get our hands dirty, ride shotgun on test runs.

Anybody want to talk?

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Suprised no one has come to the party on this for you guys.

Anyway I'm still willing to assist.......for info I'm a bit of a home mech and do a lot of my own stuff. After reading your guide for the paddle shift install I'd be more than happy to do it and am confident in doing it. Obviously I'll provide pics, info, feedback etc to assist.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Maybe it's time to try the Jatco trans in the PB PC Challenger.
                  If we can get it to work then you will sell bucket loads of them with an OJ endorsement.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X