• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Paj
    • Oct 2008
    • Bundaberg Qld

Steering wheel

Just wondering what steering wheels fit on the gen 1 i have a pajero that needs a new steering wheel but have a hard time finding one,

is the only option an aftermarket one or will one from another car fit
    1984 nb swb, 2.6lt, 2 - 2.5 inch lift, (lwb rear springs). Custom rust holes lol. some spot lights, alloy bullbar
  • TheBanana
    • Aug 2013
    • Brisbane QLD

Im not sure about particular models but you could try looking on a boss kit website like saas and finding what cars use the same boss kit as our paj's and then see what their original steering wheels are like
    1983 NA SWB with a 4d56t, running 14psi through a custom water to air intercooler, 2.5in turbo back exhaust, Kinugawa adjustable wastegate, Boost and EGT gauges, Snorkel, Provent Catch Can, Manual Hub conversion, 40mm EFS lift, ARB Bullbar, Aluminium roof rack, awning, 31'' BF-G KO2's on 15x8 -23 steelies, Factory Flares, 41" light bar on the roof, lightforce strikers up front, and a set of much needed cup holders

Comment

• TheBanana
      • Aug 2013
      • Brisbane QLD

The only other car i could find on saas that matches the spline is an l300 express van
      1983 NA SWB with a 4d56t, running 14psi through a custom water to air intercooler, 2.5in turbo back exhaust, Kinugawa adjustable wastegate, Boost and EGT gauges, Snorkel, Provent Catch Can, Manual Hub conversion, 40mm EFS lift, ARB Bullbar, Aluminium roof rack, awning, 31'' BF-G KO2's on 15x8 -23 steelies, Factory Flares, 41" light bar on the roof, lightforce strikers up front, and a set of much needed cup holders

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

G'day Bluepaj

Can I ask what is wrong with your steering wheel? If it's completely worn then this doesn't apply.

If the covering is lose and turns around on the metal rim underneath I did a repair on my gen1 I had some years back.

Get a syringe, some liquid superglue and inject into the wheel in the areas where it is moving. Just push the syringe in so it touches the i inner steel rim

Around a quarter of my wheel back then was lose and after doing this it was perfect, no turning of the outer plastic rubber stuff and lasted for the 2 years I had her til I sold it.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Blue Paj
          • Oct 2008
          • Bundaberg Qld

I knew about the glue trick but mine in destroyed and is taped up, i need it for a rwc and everything at the wreckers is not much better, i guess i will have to got the after market route,

the banana yeah i had a look and the the l300 was the only one the same
          1984 nb swb, 2.6lt, 2 - 2.5 inch lift, (lwb rear springs). Custom rust holes lol. some spot lights, alloy bullbar

Comment

• Marcopolo
            • Jun 2014
            • Maryborough,QLD

In answer to the original question.
            Almost any 80's mitsu steering wheel will fit imcluding L300, gen 1 + 2 Magna, and sigma.
            Alternatively, a Calibre/SAAS (supercheap brand) boss kit (Part No. BK152L) will fit.

Source:
            Have used magna, sigma and aftermarket steering wheels on my NF.

These should work, assuming all gen 1 pajeros have the same spline.

Comment

• Blue Paj
              • Oct 2008
              • Bundaberg Qld

Originally posted by Marcopolo View Post
              In answer to the original question.
              Almost any 80's mitsu steering wheel will fit imcluding L300, gen 1 + 2 Magna, and sigma.
              Alternatively, a Calibre/SAAS (supercheap brand) boss kit (Part No. BK152L) will fit.

Source:
              Have used magna, sigma and aftermarket steering wheels on my NF.

These should work, assuming all gen 1 pajeros have the same spline.
              thanks Marcopolo but on the saas website it says there are 2 boss kits one for 1983 to 1988 and 1988 to 1989. so the splines look like they may be different

looks like mine needs the bk140L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X