Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Servicing reminder from dealer - what the?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovets
    • Jun 2011
    • Canberra

Servicing reminder from dealer - what the?

We purchased our Challenger new in July 2011, and had the 1500km service done in September. At the moment the vehicle has around 9,000km on the clock.

Got a letter in the mail today informing me "it is almost 6 months since your vehicle was serviced at XXX and accordingly "your vehicle's next regular service is now due" (their bolding).

Furthermore, they write "Your free roadside assistance will also be renewed for a further 6 months on completion of your vehicle's service".

Now I have two issues with this:

1. Unless I'm mistaken, scheduled servicing is performed every 12 months, not every 6, and
    2. I received a complimentary 12 months roadside assistance with my new vehicle, and this is extended (I believe) for a further 12 months every time I have an annual service performed; it is not extended in 6-month blocks every 6 months.

Am I right to be confused (and quite ticked off) by what this letter is implying (that I am supposed to be servicing my vehicle every 6 months), because from where I stand it seems to be a grab for money from unsuspecting owners?

Cheers
    2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Did you ring the dealer & ask him to clarify.. ?

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Silver Streak
      Valued Member
      • May 2010
      • Adelaide. South Aust.

Nah!! I wouldn't worry about it. I get these 6 monthly things (threats) all the time. Either by letter, or phone, saying it's due for a service.
      Not too sure about this roadside assistance thing, I thought that was included as part of the warranty for the first 3 years. I'll have to check that out myself. Not too sure if they would be my first choice to phone if something went wrong anyway.
      All I can say is, get onto the service manager and call their bluff and make sure you mention you'll be getting your servicing done elsewhere in the future. As 12 months/15,000kms is all that is required to keep your warranty intact. But there again, I'm only going by NT Pajero, the Challenger may be different
      If you'd done a heap of k's, they may have an argument, but you, like me, don't rack up a lot kilometers.....unfortunately!!
      Last edited by Silver Streak; 06-03-12, 06:30 PM.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• greig
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2010
        • kanwal

I get them as well.....it's just a friendly reminder to drum up a bit of extra cash flow......it doesn't say you have to get it serviced......but it certainly implies it....

Comment

• Bobkat
          • Mar 2011
          • Perth Souther Suburbs

Received a letter from the local stealer saying mine was due for its 22,500km service.

Sent them an email and got a reply saying -

Your Service and Warranty manual outlines all of these reasons, but these include:
          ? Frequent short run operation
          ? More than 50% of driving in heavy city traffic
          ? Sustained high speed driving in temperatures over 32 degrees.

Well, my drive to and from work is 80k round trip so there goes point 1
          I start at 6.00AM and finish at 3.00PM to miss the peak hour traffic - there goes point 2.
          Usually drive at 100k/h but at 5:30AM the temperature is normally in low 20's or lower but some afternoons could be 32+ so point 3 is about 10%.

Nup, sound like a money spinner for the stealer if you ask me.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X