• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark1969
    • May 2011
    • Lara

Recovery Points

Just wondering if the standard points on a NT are for use for recovery attachment? I was told that because they aren't rated they should not be used for a full recovery????
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

There is a youtube video out there where Mitsubishi tested the recovery points if in doubt bridle the points with a tree trunk protector to spread the load.
    04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• AJC
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • ACT

herego

Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Mark1969 View Post
        Just wondering if the standard points on a NT are for use for recovery attachment? I was told that because they aren't rated they should not be used for a full recovery????
        The front recovery points are exactly that. We gave them a serious workout on a recent trip recovering multiple vehicles out of suspension deep mud. Bridle/equaliser strap is highly recommended

The rear ones are tie down points and should not be used for recoveries, use the tow assembly instead assuming you had one installed.
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• amr75wcr
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Sunny Coast

Media appears to be removed.
          The youtube link
          Pajero off-road snatch recovery demonstration, showing strength of monocoque body construction and recovery points. Test was conducted by Mitsubishi Motors A...
          04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• Mark1969
            • May 2011
            • Lara

excellant videos!

Comment

• amr75wcr
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Sunny Coast

Whilst searching for thee video i found this
              How not to use a winch

Comment

• green monster
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                The front recovery points are exactly that. We gave them a serious workout on a recent trip recovering multiple vehicles out of suspension deep mud. Bridle/equaliser strap is highly recommended

The rear ones are tie down points and should not be used for recoveries, use the tow assembly instead assuming you had one installed.
                and if you have the hayman reese HD tow bar one fitted it has 2 good recovery points built in,,,,
                dito on the equalizer, they are quite cheap too,,
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• TDB007
                  • Sep 2009
                  • SE Qld

I've seen the video before, but just to be extra sure, I got an equaliser strap (bridle) to spread the load. I've got one from Just Straps https://www.juststraps.com.au/

Had it for a while. Hope I don't need to use it.
                  NT Di-D GLS, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, OME Suspension, Nitto Terra Grapplers, some other stuff, and a Cub Brumby out the back.

Comment

• gorby
                    • May 2011
                    • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Great to know on the recovery points. I was wondering if I would need to add any.
                    Andy
                    Back in a Mitsi
                    2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                    Gone but not forgotten
                    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X