Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi NJ-SWB, thanks for the info. I wonder if the only difference in tail shafts between models is down to their length, varying depending on wheelbase, engine and transmission types. But I suspect that the actual CV joints might be the same. MM doesn't offer the tail shaft CV joints as replacement items, but they are available as after market (Febest, Dorman etc). I'm just wanting to confirm that the CV joints are all the same regardless of modle mechanical variants.

For interest, https://www.driveshaftparts.com/inde...roduct_id=1484 says suitable for Pajero, and quotes Dorrman part number. Go to the Dorman page for the same product, and they don't mention Mitsubishi. Anyrate, i'll keep digging.
Cheers
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi Spot01, thanks for the reply. Not sure about the airbag units. I did find an extensive thread on a South African forum whish dealt with this rattle issue, and provided a solution which seems to work well for most people. They also mentioned that only some cars suffered from this problem. When I fitted the cable tie fix, I found a few loose screws after removing some of the plastic which wouldn't have helped. I suspect that a rubber bush over a dashboard centre support spigot has worn out, allowing excessive movement. You can see it if you take the centre speaker grille out.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi erad, good to hear you have a non-rattly dash! RE: wipers auto on feature (!), I think the same solution as dash rattle might have helped with the wipers auto activating, can't say for sure.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=33057
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi reciprovac, know what you mean about the glove box. I applied a simple fix (much improved, not perfect). Cut out two small rectangles of bicycle inner tube and glued them to the lower edges of the holes where the glove box latches fit. This forces the g/box to close a bit harder up against the rubber stops and helps reduce vibration. I also find that an empty g/box rattles more.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

"I also find that an empty g/box rattles more."

Maybe that is why mine doesn't seem to rattle - SWMBO has mine so full that it is difficult to close most of the time.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojays View Post
In the meantime, is there any difference between the rear tailshaft of the NW wagon and the NS or NT predecessors? And are the tailshaft CV joints replaceable, even if unoffically? For instance, I see that Febest CV joints are available for NS but not NW (i.e. not for V98W model). But I can't see that there's any difference externally.

Anyway, cheers

I think that the bolt pattern and overall size of the tailshaft CV joints looks much the same when comparing NS and NW, but don't know about spline count or ldesign load etc. As others have pointed out, the overall length of the shaft will be different from model to model, but the CV joints alone might be the same. One still has to be a bit careful when selecting just a CV joint replacement.
See https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-89193-932-002.aspx?origin=keyword

and

https://www.driveshaftparts.com/inde...roduct_id=1724

Last edited by twojays; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:22 PM. Reason: Had incorrect information in post.