• Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
    OK,
    MMAL has said I have a P1610 code..... faulty upper and lower wiring loom needs replacing
    $785 to fix.

Is this what the code means?
    Cheers
    Is it a P or B prefix on the fault code?
    P fault codes are related to the engine and fuel system.
    B1610 Seat belt pre-tensioner (passenger’s side) (squib) system (open-circuited in the squib circuit)
    Why won't it be covered free of charge, this is is a know fault and MMAL have been replacing these looms free of charge.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
      • Feb 2014
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
      Is it a P or B prefix on the fault code?
      P fault codes are related to the engine and fuel system.
      B1610 Seat belt pre-tensioner (passenger’s side) (squib) system (open-circuited in the squib circuit)
      Why won't it be covered free of charge, this is is a know fault and MMAL have been replacing these looms free of charge.

OJ.
      Just looked at my invoice
      P1610 given as reason. (looked on internet and couldn't find a match on this code for SRS system)

Once again I suspect MMAL is pulling a swift one for work!
      I would have thought I could see a P code with my 'Torque Pro' app

What you says makes me want to take it somewhere else....
      I'll phone tomorrow and have them up on it!!

Any suggestions for an alternate company to read by CANBus in southern Adelaide.
      PS: I'm outside of warranty so I guess thats the reason they want me to pay.
      Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 19-03-20, 06:02 PM. Reason: refined

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011

Over 400 posts concerning the SRS Airbag looms and many vehicles out if warranty have had looms replaced.
        The precedent has been set, the Dealer is doing a shonky on you.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Derekthetree
          • Dec 2019
          • Melbs

Hey guys, I've owned my PC challenger for 3 months now and I've enjoyed looking through the forums to learn about the eccentricities it has.

I'm very interested in the automate, as I use mine for my daily commute. I've been overriding the auto to make it cruise in 4th at 60kph, but see the value of automate doing much more.

I'm a novice when it comes to car modifications. I read on the MM4x4 website that the install involves centre console removal on the Pajero, is this the case for the Challenger?

Cheers

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011

Hi Derek,

The centre floor console and the right hand under dash trim covers need to be removed to install either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate. Trim removal is not difficult if you know the correct technique and sequence.

To fit these kits you need to have the following tools and skills.

1. Basic mechanical hand tools and some experience in their use.
            2. Ability and tools to cut, stripe, solder and heat shrink a fine wire in an awkward position.
            3. Care, patience and attention to detail, and the ability to follow detailed instructions.

There is plenty of experience and support on here if you want to tackle these installations.

OJ.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
              • Feb 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Derekthetree View Post
              Hey guys, I've owned my PC challenger for 3 months now and I've enjoyed looking through the forums to learn about the eccentricities it has.

I'm very interested in the automate, as I use mine for my daily commute. I've been overriding the auto to make it cruise in 4th at 60kph, but see the value of automate doing much more.

I'm a novice when it comes to car modifications. I read on the MM4x4 website that the install involves centre console removal on the Pajero, is this the case for the Challenger?

Cheers
              Its a fantastic tool/ mod, had mine for three weeks and showing great promise.
              O.J has hit the nail on the head for the install.... I would add further to this that you need small/ nimble hands and some torso flexibility too.
              Yoga warm up
              Paul T

Comment

• Derekthetree
                • Dec 2019
                • Melbs

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                Hi Derek,

The centre floor console and the right hand under dash trim covers need to be removed to install either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate. Trim removal is not difficult if you know the correct technique and sequence.

To fit these kits you need to have the following tools and skills.

1. Basic mechanical hand tools and some experience in their use.
                2. Ability and tools to cut, stripe, solder and heat shrink a fine wire in an awkward position.
                3. Care, patience and attention to detail, and the ability to follow detailed instructions.

There is plenty of experience and support on here if you want to tackle these installations.

OJ.
                Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback. Decisions, decisions!

Comment

• Derekthetree
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Melbs

I got my automate for my PC Challenger last week and installed it over the weekend.
                  Some swearing and time later it was installed and test drive worked well and showed some good improvements to the driveability.
                  Shame as a Melburnian I can't do much with it currently or test it properly...

My tips for anybody else:
                  - I broke the two front plastic clips for the transmission cover during removing them (very brittle). I'm sure they are an easy replacement though
                  - The transmission plug (purple in my PC) is a PITA to reach as there is a lump of plastic right above it. Eventually I figured levering it off its little sticky patch and pushing it forward gave me enough space to unclip it.
                  - There is just enough space to clear the LED controller wire past the dash and into the door panel gap. This saved removing the lower door arch trims

Overall it was fine, even for a novice car modder such as myself.
                  Thanks to Marshall for all the delivery updates and creating the product

Comment

• jimpuff
                    • Feb 2013
                    • mildura

After years of my using the wholesale autos torque lockup kit on my Challenger PB, my wife convinced me that if she was to drive when towing she wanted an easier solution.
                    SO an auto-mate is now installed, and initial drive in town was good, gear changes in drive slightly noticeable but fine.
                    Cost of installation and associated removal of old torque lock took 1h 45m and cost $200 at Murray Valley Electrical and Air Conditioning.
                    THe auto electrician said instructions were great, and a good time saver. Well done M&M!
                    So the 2009 Challenger with 240000km will solder on for another year or two. (In part this decision to keep it was due to parts availability and cost of a replacement vehicle).
                    Incidentally it's long life is in large to the excellent service at Mildura Motor Holdings who really know their Mitsubishi's

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Challenger Auto Mate Club.

OJ.

Comment

• KevL
                        • May 2015
                        • Murphys Creek

I've finally cracked and ordered an Automate unit.
                        Is there a set installation instructions online anywhere for the PC Challenger?
                        I understand the unit comes with comprehensive install instructions.
                        There seems to be brief videos of tritons but only the how to use video for the Challenger.

Thanks,​

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by KevL View Post
                          There seems to be brief videos of tritons but only the how to use video for the Challenger.

Thanks,​
                          Hi Kev,

The latest revision of instructions for Auto Mate for the PB/PC Challenger I have on file, is Rev A 27/12/18 so I am not sure if these are current.
                          If you contact MM4x4 they should be able to email you a current PDF of the instructions,

OJ.

Comment

• KevL
                            • May 2015
                            • Murphys Creek

Thanks Jack.
                            I’ll wait until the unit arrives then, no rush.
                            I’m past the stage where I’m ok working under dash’s, eyes aren’t good enough for fine work, so I’m getting a local company to fit it. They mentioned they’d searched the website looking for installation instructions so they could quote accordingly but found nothing.
                            With luck this addition will keep the chally viable for another 4 or 5 yrs. Maybe longer.

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011

Thanks Jack.
                              I’ll wait until the unit arrives then, no rush.
                              I’m past the stage where I’m ok working under dash’s, eyes aren’t good enough for fine work, so I’m getting a local company to fit it. They mentioned they’d searched the website looking for installation instructions so they could quote accordingly but found nothing.
                              With luck this addition will keep the chally viable for another 4 or 5 yrs. Maybe longer.
                              MM4x4 quote between 2 to 3 hours for a DIY so I would expect an auto electrician would be able to do it slightly quicker.
                              All the information you need regarding the installation of our kits whether you plan to DIY, or find an installer near you!

OJ.

Comment

• m_and_m
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2010
                                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Thanks,​
                                Hi Kev,
                                Thanks for the order, it’s been shipped. We don’t put the installation instructions online, and haven’t done video for it yet. Instead you’ll get a 30 page booklet with step by step photos. This not only helps DIY, but also an auto-elec tasked with the job.
                                cheers Marshall
                                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X