• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Paddle Shift Kit

After tossing this around for a while, I ordered the Paddles and Paddle Mate today. We're heading to the high country soon so I'll be keen to try them out.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I’ve got a paddle kit and absolutely love it!
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Installed today and had a few issues with the steering column covers because mine needs the key inserted before it will go in to neutral. Anyway, I got it sorted taking off the old cover by cutting in and then connected all the wires back on and reconnected the battery to check it was all OK. Then I could put it back to park and remove the key before putting the new covers on last.

It works a treat but somehow I've manged to not get the steering wheel alignment exactly right and to steer straight I have to have the wheel turned slightly. I'm not sure why that's changed because I didn't move the car at all and put the steering wheel back on as it was.

Looks like I'll have to take it off and readjust but otherwise, it's brilliant and so easy to change gears. I was only 505/50 in whether I'd get that mod but after a short drive I'm very happy I did.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

I thought paddle shifters were a load of w@?k, but whilst I was overseas working, Njswb borrowed my car to look at the fitment of paddles to Challenger's that did not have them fitted as standard, so I ended up with paddles fitted.

I use Auto Mate on the bitumen but once I leave the tar I used the Sport shift/Lockup mode of Auto Mate and the paddles, I love the control it gives me and the clutchless manual shifting of the auto trans.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Looks like I'll have to take it off and readjust but otherwise, it's brilliant and so easy to change gears. I was only 505/50 in whether I'd get that mod but after a short drive I'm very happy I did.
          Same. I didn’t appreciate how great they were until I got them. Wait until you go offroad in 4LLc conditions. Just flicking a paddle to get the right gear is awesome.
          It’s also great that they’re attached to the fixed column instead of the moving steering wheel.
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

I'm in the Vic high country and have just completed two days on the tracks. I seriously can't believe how good the paddle shift works. It's a different car to drive and changing gears is so fast and effortless it's amazing.

Love it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X