Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 04-09-16

Default Squeak in rear door latch

This may be already on the forum somewhere.An annoying squeak has started up in the back door area.Sounds like steel on steel so presuming it is the latch.Had this problem previous in Landcruisers & Prado & it grates on the nerves a bit.It is a squeak not rattle.A spray on the latch area kills it of for about a week .Any help appreciated
Old 04-09-16

It's normally the hard rubber block on the door against the C shaped keeper on the "door jam". There has been at least one detailed thread on this. I tried putting softer rubber on the hared block with not much success. Others have reported this working.
Old 06-09-16
Valued Member

My fix was to use some spray contact adhesive and glue a strip of marine carpet to the rubber block. While not totally permanent, it does work, but after about 6 months it needs to redone.

Old 06-09-16

Re-aligning the rubber block seems to keep it at bay.
Until you hit corrugations and the weight of the spare tyre forces it to move again!

Wish there was a cheaper option than OL's $3k rear wheel carrier.
Old 07-09-16

Default My solution to the squeaky door

Hello everyone,

I have had the same problem with my car. Initially I thought it was the locating block so I tried some silicone spray, then some soap (I'm Italian so we make our own) which worked great for 2 months and then the squeaking returned.

I caught up with a fellow forumite to check out his mods and whilst looking at his rear drawers he mentioned that I didn't have a damper on the door. I eventually got around to getting one (mb270607) for a whole $3 and thought I'd replace the locating block because it was worn (MB669479).

The block was out of stock so I just picked up the damper for the time being and it has completely solved my problem. To fit I used a small flathead screwdriver and prodded it in (above the locking mechanism in photo)

Let me know if this solves your problem - It looks like the damper can easily get knocked off by brushing past it.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2536.jpg (119.8 KB, 320 views)
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Last edited by Pajero12; 07-09-16 at 08:08 AM. Reason: adding photo
Old 07-09-16
Valued Member

Ahhhh I will have to go see if I have one.
Repositioning the block worked for awhile but it has come back. Also to note that the trim around the brake light etc can be the cause too. A member on here fitted rubber C trim around the edges and stopped the noise he was having.
Old 07-09-16

Default Damper

What a great post, I went and had a look after reading it-no damper ,just a hole.
My door bangs and thumps,loss of the damper would not help.
Great Forum this.
Regards
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Old 07-09-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajero12 View Post
I caught up with a fellow forumite to check out his mods and whilst looking at his rear drawers he mentioned that I didn't have a damper on the door. I eventually got around to getting one (mb270607) for a whole $3...
Wow... that forumite must be observant!

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 08-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Wow... that forumite must be observant!

Yeah he's a good guy like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate
Old 11-09-16

Checked mine today and yep, missing. Thanks for the heads up.
NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's