Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019

Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019 The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 11-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionDan View Post
Wasn't aware the warranty was that good! Great feedback thank you.
I think this special warranty started in March and now extended to April. Don't know if it is ongoing. 7 years is awesome!
Old 12-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2503 View Post
My mates all have GQ Patrols and modified Hiluxes and I can get my PS anywhere they can go. My only hindrance was the H/T tyres. If you're looking for comfort you can't go past the PS.
You should post some pics of your car, sounds like what I'm after.
Old 23-04-19

Still reading, but leaning more and more towards PS on paper at least.

Nothing else comes close to the bang for buck.

When is the nicer facelift coming out?
Old 23-04-19
Valued Member

A search of google tells me late 2019 or early 2020 realease in Australia.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 26-04-19

Hmm, that's too far away I think.

Which is a shame as I don't really want to eat the next wave of depreciation that's coming for the series 1.

I've been toying with the idea of a Triton instead, ute would be handy for rural property living, but the PS has better space in the middle row (just) and appears to be much nicer as a daily.

Maybe i can just get some slim rear draws and an awesome cargo mat or something.
Old 26-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionDan View Post
Hmm, that's too far away I think.

Which is a shame as I don't really want to eat the next wave of depreciation that's coming for the series 1.

I've been toying with the idea of a Triton instead, ute would be handy for rural property living, but the PS has better space in the middle row (just) and appears to be much nicer as a daily.

Maybe i can just get some slim rear draws and an awesome cargo mat or something.

With a Triton, you're back to a leaf sprung rear axle. Comfort as a daily goes out the window! (no offence meant to Triton owners, but that's the truth)
Old 26-04-19

Yeah I realise that, and will test drive, but the appeal of a ute on a rural property is good. Issue is my car tends to be the family trip car, so I do need something comfier.

After suggestions here I've also been looking at Pajero's which are a good 1-200 kg lighter than a cruiser, lighter than a prado, seemingly well regarded (was looking at say NX GLS).

Time to get out and drive some.

The PS is no doubt more modern and likely nicer to drive than the Paj, but I'm semi concerned about things like the new 8spd box, more gadgets to break etc.

Rule of thumb was never buy series 1 of anything, i realise the engine is not new to the platform but there's plenty of stuff that appears to be.

Last edited by ActionDan; 26-04-19 at 01:29 PM.
Old 26-04-19
Valued Member

I'm very happy with my NX after 3 years of trouble free touring the country from top to bottom. One thing which would bother me on the PS is the smaller fuel tank. I know there's an upgrade around but that lowers ground clearance and still isn't as big as the NX with the second tank fitted.

The NX tows well and while there aren't many bells or whistles, it's a bloody good reliable truck.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 26-04-19

The ground clearance is appealing also as I have a hilly block with some steepish angles in places, 2" lifted cruiser occasionally scrapes gas tank but otherwise OK.

Also bigger physically inside than PS I think and fairly well proven engine/box combo?

It's just the hair splitting between NX/NW and year grades with things like android auto vs normal stereo, reverse sensors or not (does nothing have front sensors? I came from territory that had both and it was great).

I'm not big on leather usually either I find cloth more hard wearing and easier to deal with, but it appears the GLS seats are actually different, not just the trimming.

I will pull my finger out and go drive some. I keep saying that but time is bloody short lately!
Old 26-04-19

45 litre after market tank fits above spare wheel so no loss of clearance
i have had my 2015 sport for 3 1/2 years now and im (still loving it)
i tow a caravan as well