• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billybob
    • Jul 2016
    • gold coast

NM Pajero rear bump stops

Hi Guy's I recently had my suspension upgraded with ome suspension but rear is hitting bump stops on compression and decompression could anyone please give me a factual reason for this before my appointment next week with ARB Nundah as my local store are useless and are not playing ball just making excuses and these have only been fitted for less than 3 months and less than 1200 kms on road ! Any help would be appreciated
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Billybob,

You are saying the suspension is hitting on the bumpstops in both compression and rebound but you do not say under what driving conditions and loads.

So please described under what conditions it happens, speed, load, terrain?

What part number springs are fitted?
    What shocker part numbers are fitted?
    What tyre pressures are you running?
    What are your stationary ride heights, measured from the centre hub to the underside of the wheel arch in a vertical line?
    What extra weigh is permanently in the rear of the vehicle on a daily basis?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• billybob
      • Jul 2016
      • gold coast

Rears shocks 60019 springs 2917 38psi stationary heights supplied by arb from lower rim to wheel arch vertical are RL 766 RR 772 driver only vehicle empty of all gear other than fridge slide and single titan draw empty at 5/10 kms in small ruts as coming out rear end is knocking on de compression on downward angle and then levelling out rear end is hitting bump stops confirmed by placing white grease on lower stop at 30 kms

Regards Billybob

Comment

• billybob
        • Jul 2016
        • gold coast

hi old jack rear springs after this were then changed by arb to rear spring 60033 200kg and still smashing bump stops at same speeds and very similar ride heights

regards Billybob

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011

Thanks for the info BB.
          Because ARB have measured to the bottom of the rim, I need to now what the rim diameter is, so I can workout the centre of hub to under wheel arch measurement.

OJ.
          Last edited by old Jack; 16-03-19, 12:00 AM.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• billybob
            • Jul 2016
            • gold coast

Pajero bump stops

Hi OJ I measured driver side from centre of hub to wheel arch vertical and measurement is 540mm give or take a mm or 2

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011

Hi BB,
              I am not sure is you were expecting an increase in ride height over factory specifications when you had the ARB/OME suspension fitted but the empty non accessorised factory ride heights are 503-505mm front and 533-535mm rear.
              what is your front ride height?

I will have a look at the spring ratings in the next day or so, but I am thinking they may have fitted the wrong coils.

OJ.

Comment

• billybob
                • Jul 2016
                • gold coast

Hi OJ, Front ride height is 570mm from centre of hub to wheel arch I am happy with the front just not with rears as bump stops are hitting and this will happen on sand tracks coming out of ruts down small degree declines on level out at 30 kms . All I was expecting was a 35/40 mm lift as per contract comfortable ride with better load capacity to cater for my family camping gear and boat and obviously without bumpstops touching each other with no load in or on vehicle other than myself. If I loaded my vehicle and boat vehicle would be dangerous!, and stops touching in normal conditions.

Regards Bill thanks for your help OJ
                Last edited by billybob; 16-03-19, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X