Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 31-01-19
Valued Member

Hi Alan,

The photo of the mount appears to be attached to a non standard front winch bar, is this correct? To the left of your sand flag mount there is a welded recovery lug and I assume there is another lug on the other side, these may or may not be classified as a dangerous protrusion, when you import the car to Australia. There will be an easy way of mitigating this problem, if you can post a photo of the front of the car then suggestions can be made. Also the winch bar will offer some protection from wild life strike damage.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 31-01-19

Here's the front of the car:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Montero front.jpg (165.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 31-01-19

All suggestions welcome
Old 31-01-19
Valued Member

Thanks Alan for the photo, do do have any photos of the winch mount of how it attaches to the front of the car?

Custom made or off the shelf by who?

There will be others interested in this very neat installation.

Your recovery lugs could pose an ADR problem as they present a possible "hook protrusion" in the area between the 2 lugs. This could be easily worked around by removing the shackles and unhooking the winch hook from the lugs and fabricating a removable cover that fits over the lugs and extended completely between the lugs. When you need to use the lugs or winch then simply remove the cover. If you want a drawing then PM me your email and I will send a drawing to you.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 31-01-19

The winch mount was installed by Monkey Offroad here in Bogotá - they're associates of Pasión 4x4 Aventura, who have coordinated most of the work with us. I'll check to see who actually built the mount. Here's the best photo of the installation.

re the "hook protrusion" I've sent a PM and would appreciate your advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Montero fitting winch.jpg (182.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-02-19

Oops - thanks old Jack for pointing out my error in copying the Africa blog link.

It should be www.unochoenafrica.blogspot.com