Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Do you wear your seat belt when offroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazarus
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Never have mine on, even on normal roads.
    Have doctors certificate not to wear one due to a medical condition.
    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Paj man
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      I wear mine all the time...no way can I predict when some knob wants to use the road as a racetrack and cuts the corners...Has happened both times I have been off road lately. First time a patrol 2nd time some clown on a trail bike....shit himself and dropped it! Stopped but he was alright and apologised for going too fast. You never know...
      Yep, that's why I put mine on when I speed up. Would have to be trying pretty hard to get any speed up in the areas when I leave the belt off.
      1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• marcthelegend
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2008
        • Gosnells, WA

Depends on the situation really, if I'm driving along a beach, fast gravel roads - yes

If its slow going gravel tracks or areas where i'm likely to be in / out relatively often (think clearing obstacles from an unused track, photo's, etc.) then no.
        05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
        brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• jvdkooij
          • Sep 2016
          • the Netherlands

I don't have one in the UAZ, so don't wear it

I have no clue what my girlfriend is doing in the Montero, it is up to her although she doesnt drive fast anyway off road.

Comment

• Merts
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2011
            • Bendigo Vic

Generally yes, although there have been some times when I've not had the seatbelt on. The last time I drove King Billy Track in the Vic high country it was super rough and slow going, but not difficult. I finished up undoing the seatbelt because it was hurting my shoulder as I bounced around over the rocks.
            Merts
            Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
            Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Plez
              • Jul 2018
              • South East QLD

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
              Why don’t you just unplug it under the drivers seat, saves a lot of beeping everything you put the key in. Still beeps for lights.

Which plug is that mate there’s 2, does it stop the beeping when you put the key in the ignition too? I hate that one.

As for the thread topic, people who opt out of seatbelt except medical condition guy, are you over or under say like, 35-40?
              I just wonder, because my dad and best mates dad would opt out of seatbelts often but they grew up before seatbelts were standard, but me and my best mate don’t even hesitate to put them on.
              I saw someone mention getting in and out a lot as a reason to not put it on which is what made me think of this question, dads seem to back the car out and put the seatbelt on while driving down the road, my peers put the seatbelt on before the cars even in drive most of the time.

Purely anecdotal, but I’m curious.
              2013 NW, Grey, Auto, Diesel. Resistor EGR Delete, 2inch OZtec + Kings lift, 265/65/r17 Bridgestone Duelers. Custom 2.5inch turbo back exhaust with 200cell highflow cat and 12inch straight through resonator.

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

Unplug the white one under the seat and NOT the yellow one (that is the airbag connector)
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• NJV6
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • New Zealand

Originally posted by Plez View Post
                  Which plug is that mate there’s 2, does it stop the beeping when you put the key in the ignition too? I hate that one.

Yes, they are the same one, the ignition one beeps as the seat belt is not on. The car expects the seat belt to be on before turning the key! I made it about 3 stops after buying mine before finding the dam plug, drove me potty how much of a nag it was.

And yes its not the yellow plug under the seat. When unplugged it just thinks the seat belt is connected so there is no beeping.
                  1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                  1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                  2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

As for the thread topic, people who opt out of seatbelt except medical condition guy, are you over or under say like, 35-40?
                    I just wonder, because my dad and best mates dad would opt out of seatbelts often but they grew up before seatbelts were standard, but me and my best mate don’t even hesitate to put them on.
                    I saw someone mention getting in and out a lot as a reason to not put it on which is what made me think of this question, dads seem to back the car out and put the seatbelt on while driving down the road, my peers put the seatbelt on before the cars even in drive most of the time.

Purely anecdotal, but I’m curious.

I,m 64 mate. Seat belt gets on before the car is put in drive or even started. People who don't wear seat belts are dickheads. They save hundreds of lives every year. Personally I don't care if you die in a car accident because you dont like seat belts and you die because of this stupid belief. ...its the people who have to attend the accident and the family and friends that get my sympathy.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Lazarus
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Melbourne, Western suburbs

So people with medical condition preventing them wearing seatbelts are also dickheads?

And thats coming from 64 year old ...
                      NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Plez
                        • Jul 2018
                        • South East QLD

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        I,m 64 mate. Seat belt gets on before the car is put in drive or even started. People who don't wear seat belts are dickheads. They save hundreds of lives every year. Personally I don't care if you die in a car accident because you dont like seat belts and you die because of this stupid belief. ...its the people who have to attend the accident and the family and friends that get my sympathy.
                        ha-ha, I knew you'd reply to that one. You're a paragon of smart thinking though dicko1, I'm sure you'd be shaking your head in disgust as soon as my exhaust was in ear shot

And thanks keithyv + NJV6 that plug is getting pulled before work in the morning.
                        2013 NW, Grey, Auto, Diesel. Resistor EGR Delete, 2inch OZtec + Kings lift, 265/65/r17 Bridgestone Duelers. Custom 2.5inch turbo back exhaust with 200cell highflow cat and 12inch straight through resonator.

Comment

• Pajaru
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • Perth

I remember the time when cars did not have seat belts, but i will wear a seat belt regardless if i am on/off road. I believe that seat belts save lives and are wearing them is the same as having insurance, you just never know if you need it.
                          Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
                          To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                            So people with medical condition preventing them wearing seatbelts are also dickheads?

And thats coming from 64 year old ...

Your words not mine. Naturally a medical condition can prevent you from many things.
                            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

ha-ha, I knew you'd reply to that one. You're a paragon of smart thinking though dicko1, I'm sure you'd be shaking your head in disgust as soon as my exhaust was in ear shot

And thanks keithyv + NJV6 that plug is getting pulled before work in the morning.
                              Bathurst is on this weekend mate....they have real exhaust sounds!!

Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• stumagoo
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • Perth WA S.O.R

on road always..... off road most of the time - however I admit there are times when I am crawling through some real narly bits I have to release it so I can reach over to the passenger side grab rails to hold on and stop myself from slamming the drivers door as with the seat belt on it wont let me reach it.... on sand dunes etc absolutely..... - as I said its only some real tricky angles where I need more freedom to keep upright that the belt comes off. Yes I realise the irony of those angles being the time I am most likely to need it however if I can not sit in the right position I am more likely to loose control and have an accident as well. Its a catch 22 situation

I am considering a better supporting seat than the NL captains chair though .... its like a single seat bench and I slide everywhere on it.
                                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X