Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 03-03-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy View Post
Hi MandM great work

so for us that have a lock up kit already like this installed and working

https://automatictransmission.com.au...enger-5-speed/

what do we need to intergrate this system with the lock up kit we all ready have??
or are we waiting for the auto mate???

because as i see it what u are doing with lockup mate is the same or similar as what i have already???

or have i misunderstood the consept

im buying one from you when ready as i have seen the effects on the kit i have now i wont better shifting and auto control and better fuel economy

so yes pls explain a little more for me and others

cheers coughy (peter)
Hi coughy,

Yes, lock-up mate would effectively replace what you currently have, adding some additional smarts to turn the lock-up on and off for you. As you already have a lock-up kit, you would buy lock-up mate lite, which will switch your lock-up kit.

Lock-up mate alone won't change shift points (unless the factory AT ecu detects a change in driving style and alters its programming accordingly?)

Auto-mate, the next product, will also change gears to keep the engine revs within a range that allows the torque converter to remain locked under conditions that would see lock-up mate unlock the converter. It will do this by "simulating" Sport mode i.e. fooling the transmission into thinking that you're changing gears manually - except another computer will be commanding the factory computer. At all times, the factory ECU decides whether or not to respond to the command, and change gears - that "last line of defence" for protecting the transmission remains in place.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 03-03-18
Valued Member

Well said NJ.

In summary,
lockup-mate: automatic lock/unlock kit for the torque converter clutch
lockup-mate lite: automatic lock/unlock for your existing manual kit e.g. wholesale automatic kit
auto-mate: automatic lock/unlock plus changes gears for optimum laziness

So, auto-mate will be similar to a new DRIVE mode that is more optimised for towing/touring to reduce the transmission temperatures and save fuel.
lockup-mate acheives the same thing, but driver needs to do change gears in SPORT mode. Having said that, lockup-mate also works when the transmission is in DRIVE, but your at the mercy of the factory ECU choosing when to change gears. In the Pajero, it works well when when cruising, but not so well in windy hill. Here you’re better off using SPORT mode.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 03-03-18
Valued Member

ok cool so im in need of a cross between

lockup-mate lite: automatic lock/unlock for your existing manual kit e.g. wholesale automatic kit

as i wont the auto mode as well as the fix for lazy gears
hhmmm can that be done have the best of all 3 lol

a whole sale kit that auto locks and unlocks and has optimised gear changes in drive??? for the wife
and i will drive in sports mode!!!

as the wife dont and wont drive auto as a manual as oj stated ages ago didnt by a auto to change gears
My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.
Old 04-03-18
Valued Member

Quote:
ok cool so im in need of a cross between

as i wont the auto mode as well as the fix for lazy gears
hhmmm can that be done have the best of all 3 lol

a whole sale kit that auto locks and unlocks and has optimised gear changes in drive??? for the wife
and i will drive in sports mode!!!

as the wife dont and wont drive auto as a manual as oj stated ages ago didnt by a auto to change gears
Yeah, youd want something like auto-mate lite.
Ive been toying with the idea of this product - depends on the demand though.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread here

Old 04-03-18
Valued Member

if you wont m8 i can be test bunny
i think there will be a few asking for it as the lock up kits have been around for a while now

so if you dont make the auto mate lite kit i will have to remove the whole sale kit and buy a new complete kit from you ?? auto mate??
so it locks and unlocks and has the optimised gear changes??
My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
Old 05-03-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post
Yes please.
Ready to order.
X 2. Can't wait
MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.
Old 05-03-18
Valued Member

Quote:
if you wont m8 i can be test bunny
i think there will be a few asking for it as the lock up kits have been around for a while now

so if you dont make the auto mate lite kit i will have to remove the whole sale kit and buy a new complete kit from you ?? auto mate??
so it locks and unlocks and has the optimised gear changes??
Let's see how it goes. I'd like to be able to provide something that let's you retain your investment.
Build thread here

Old 13-03-18
Valued Member

how is the ongoing testing OJ and M&M is it going well
anything to report pls
Old 13-03-18
Valued Member

Quote:
how is the ongoing testing OJ and M&M is it going well
anything to report pls
My Challenger goes back to MM4x4 tomorrow evening for the next round of software updates and testing. I should have it back by the weekend so I can continue my testing.

Lockup Mate works, it just needs a little fine tuning and this is what the next software upgrade will do.

Hopefully as a part of this software upgrade I can start testing parameters for Auto-Mate as I believe this is what is really needed, it should give you the manual over ride control of the Lockup Mate and a fully automatic mode that has changed the gear up and down shift points as well as the TC lockup control in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rather than just 4th and 5th that the factory program allows.

Good things come to those that wait, I want to test Auto Mate in city, suburbs, country, hills/mountains, highway, towing and off road driving conditions before I give it the OJ endorsement. I have another Simpson crossing planned for late May so hopefully this will be the final test.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 19-03-18

Yes please. Can't wait for this essential upgrade,