• Show
Clear All
  • starjunk
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2011
    • Sydney

EGT gauges ready!!!!

Orders:

1. Pjchris: EGT gauge including high quality probe, LHS hazard button (freebie#1), weld-in bung.
    2. NJ_SWB: EGT gauge including high quality probe, LHS hazard button (freebie#2, weld-in bung.

1x freebie hazard switch button left!

Hi folks!
    Quick update on the EGT gauge that fits in the hazard switch receptacle:
    You will recall that I was waiting on some custom filament to be made, and tracking down some quality EGT probes.
    Well, one out of two ain't bad. I received the first batch of probes last week. They are an Iconel body (more durable than stainless steel), with a short body to fit into the tight-ish space post Turbo, and they are of the exposed junction type, so much faster acting that the $10 cheapies kicking around on ebay.
    As for the window, I have devised another way of making a nice window for the display, so I'm ready to begin production.
    IMG_2984.jpg
    As mentioned in the other threat, cost is $245 plus shipping (usually about $7.95 witchin Oz) for the EGT kit which includes the gauge and probe. If you need a weld-in bung for the probe, add $5 to this and I will supply a nice fat one that's easy to weld in.
    You will need to relocate your Hazard switch to the left hand side, and the replacement button for this is $33.
    I did promise that the first three orders will get the Hazard button for free, as an incentive to provide feedback for myself and other members. This still applies.
    I will go by the order of posts in this thread to determine the first 3 winners, and pm them with the payment details. :-)
    Last edited by starjunk; 26-08-17, 11:39 AM. Reason: Update orders
    '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
    '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
    '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
    '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!
  • Rnn_onmt
    • May 2017
    • Freo ish

Starion junkie eh? I take it you watched this https://youtu.be/RpmymrOoir4

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• starjunk
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2011
      • Sydney

Off topic, but yeah, I have a Starion and love driving it. I started the Starion club of SA with a mate (hi Matt!) back in 2000. It's since evolved, merged with the NSW club shortly after we founded it, extended across Australia and has a forum called 'austarion'. Probably similar in size to this forum. My car....(It's in storage at the moment because I don't have space for it). Not only do I have the car (one of the best examples in OZ as voted by the Starion Club) but also a lot of memorabilia, hence "Starion Junkie". How did you figure that one out? Oh, I know! That's what it says on my meagre YouTube channel... well done. The secret is out.
      Have a look at 'eip Starion' on YouTube. Nice quarter mile time.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
        • May 2017
        • Freo ish

This post came up as Starion Junkie posted EGT gauges etc. Nothing exciting

Last edited by Rnn_onmt; 22-08-17, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• NJV6
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • New Zealand

Hi, my NT has the greenish colour dials, can the egt gauge come in another backlight than the red?
          1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
          1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
          2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• pjchris
            • Jun 2007

EGT gauges ready!!!!

I'll take one please.... and I'll need a bung as well...
            Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• starjunk
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2011
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
              This post came up as Starion Junkie posted EGT gauges etc. Nothing exciting

Weird.... inly place that could have come from is my subscription email. Anyhoo...

Comment

• starjunk
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2011
                • Sydney

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
                Hi, my NT has the greenish colour dials, can the egt gauge come in another backlight than the red?
                At this stage, there is only red available. It was a challenge to find a small 4 digit display to start with, and there was no colour choice available to me. The only other one I came across in my sourcing travels was blue. This would clash with green I think. Like the old adage goes: blue and green should not be seen...... (without a colour in between)

Comment

• starjunk
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                  I'll take one please.... and I'll need a bung as well...
                  Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Winner number one, of the freebie hazard button. Congratulations! Your name will be added to the first post for easy tracking.

EDIT: OP updated with order. PM sent.
                  Last edited by starjunk; 22-08-17, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                    • May 2017
                    • Freo ish

Apologies if this has been covered. I think it may have been in another thread...
                    Does the relocated hazard switch require more length in the wiring to go across to the other side of the dash pod? Do you include that bit of cable so it is completely plug and play?
                    Very close to pulling the trigger on this.
                    Your switch panel mods look the goods too.

Comment

• starjunk
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
                      Apologies if this has been covered. I think it may have been in another thread...
                      Does the relocated hazard switch require more length in the wiring to go across to the other side of the dash pod? Do you include that bit of cable so it is completely plug and play?
                      Very close to pulling the trigger on this.
                      Your switch panel mods look the goods too.

The cable will reach, once a cable clip is released. I will include instructions. Just putting the finishing touches on the instructions as we speak
                      EDIT: the switch is not completely plug and play, as you will get the button, so you need to pull your switch apart to insert the replacement button and swap the contacts and springs over to the new button assembly. It's straightforward, nothing complicated, just a little fiddly with the contact spring. I pre- test the button assemblies in my hazard switch before I send them off to ensure you will not encounter any fitment issues.
                      Last edited by starjunk; 23-08-17, 08:06 AM. Reason: Add info

Comment

• starjunk
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
                        Njv6, I had another look around, and I can get green LED displays, but they are slightly larger. I may still be able to make it fit, but it will require a bit more design work, and for me to purchase a bulk lot of these green displays....so...
                        I'd like to know: if I can make green work, are you genuine about getting one? are there any other members who have the green dash light? Happy to put the effort in as long as there is at least one genuine buyer.
                        Could you take a night time photo of your dash so I can see the rough colour? I have only seen the blue of the NS and the red of the early NTs....
                        Hope that all makes sense.
                        Cheers!

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

I can't believe these first three haven't been snapped up.

I'm in. Red is fine by me, and I'd like the bung too please.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• starjunk
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • Sydney

Thanks NJ_SWB, I'm a bit surprised too, and once the first three are gone the next batch will probably be about 4 weeks away, since I only ordered 4 of the high quality probes due to the outlay. (And one of them is in my vehicle )

Order in first post updated. Will send PM.

Comment

• NJV6
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • New Zealand

Hi Starjunk,

Sorry about the slow reply, I'm away from the vehicle at the moment but start of the week il get a pic.
                              1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                              1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                              2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X