Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 21-04-09

Default weird noise coming from front

so heres the story very weird noise coming from front of car hard too describe def not wheel bearings. sounds like a normal two wheel drive car in reverse. if you know what i mean ???? this noise is only there when the car is doing 20MPH and over. its even there when the car is switched off and just free wheeling.
could i have a front DIFF problem???? any help would be great .

cheers john.
________
Best vaporizer 2009

Last edited by j.mc50LSD; 13-09-11 at 09:53 AM.
Old 21-04-09

maybe you have the front wheels locked in 4WD, check your dash lights if they are blinking and reput it in 4WD drive forward a little, take it out of 4WD, then reverse fast a little and see what happens, cheers John
Old 22-04-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalwaters View Post
maybe you have the front wheels locked in 4WD, check your dash lights if they are blinking and reput it in 4WD drive forward a little, take it out of 4WD, then reverse fast a little and see what happens, cheers John
hi thanks for replying. had a bit of a look today and the front diff seems fine. the noise is def coming from gear box.. so maybe internal problem bearing ????
________
Buy Glass Pipes

Last edited by j.mc50LSD; 13-09-11 at 09:53 AM.
Old 22-04-09
Valued Member

Yep. Bearing in gearbox is most likely culprit.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 24-04-09

WOW my gear box noise has stopped .... was driving around suddently the noise got SERIOUSLY LOUD so i pulled over thought she was brown bread(fecked) i selected gear too check if i could get them all. i could select all . so drove off again and the noise was ................................G O N E :-)))) very unexplainable tho... wounder was it possible for something too enter the bell housing???? i dont think so myself,

cheers john
________
Live Sex

Last edited by j.mc50LSD; 13-09-11 at 09:54 AM.