• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hungie
    • Jan 2015
    • NSW Central Coast

NP rear brake diagram

Hi all, a little issue has started with my handbrake. Firstly a few days ago the handbrake lever started to need to be pulled almost vertical to stop the car rolling. Second issue is a grinding/rattle when you first reverse or take off in the morning(sounds to be coming from the rear end). After a few brake applications it seems to go away. While rolling yesterday I very lightly pulled on the handbrake a tiny bit and it made a loud thud noise.

I'm thinking the handbrake shoes have either worn out or somthing has let go in there ?

Any advice or a rear brake parts/assembly diagram would be awesome. If I go in to replace the rear handbrake shoes (located inside the rotor "drum"), I don't want to be unsure in what order the parts go back.

Cheers
    03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Hi mate,

If you to this address you should be able to download a PDF file with the info you need ...

I pulled the whole back brake assembly apart a couple of years ago and I remember it is a bit of a pain – you need to take plenty of photos and put each individual spring in a plastic zip bag with a label saying exactly where it came from – there are quite a few springs and I don’t think there are two the same.

Good luck

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Meremale
      • Dec 2015
      • Port Hedland, WA

Try this.....if it is anything like mine was the strut (item 6 on page 36-8) had fallen off....
      Attached Files
      2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD 5 Spd Manual

Comment

• Hungie
        • Jan 2015
        • NSW Central Coast

Thanks guys
        03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Good timed thread, my handbrake just started to do exactly the same this morning.....
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X