Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 20-11-15

Default NP glove box won't open

Guys need some help to open the top glove box on an NP Pajero working one day won't open the next ... No it's not key locked ! Nor does the key unlock it
Old 20-11-15
Valued Member

heaps on the forum about this just got to have a look
Old 20-11-15

I have read a few posts and would seem most success has been achieved with drilling the lock or cutting the "u" shaped lock bracket..either way resulting in some degree of damage. Thanks hinsch for your insite mate, you inspired me to rely on my own ingenuity to get a solution.

Anyway un deterred I bent a bit of coat hanger wire and flattened the end to resemble flat blade screw driver then bent the end bit 90 degrees and then prized the door ajar and wedged something in it to keep it open, then pushed the wire in til it was in position to push the tongue on the latch down, happy days!,! .. Then pulled the latch apart and hit it with Teflon Grease ..hopefully no more issues.

In retrospect a squirt of crc or similar probably would have done the trick given it appears that the mechanism was simple binding on itself. But no guarantee the spray would reach the spot but using the small tube in the spray nozzle but might be enough to reach its g spot

Last edited by Smiderman; 20-11-15 at 10:16 PM.
Old 21-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiderman View Post
I have read a few posts and would seem most success has been achieved with drilling the lock or cutting the "u" shaped lock bracket..either way resulting in some degree of damage. Thanks hinsch for your insite mate, you inspired me to rely on my own ingenuity to get a solution.

Anyway un deterred I bent a bit of coat hanger wire and flattened the end to resemble flat blade screw driver then bent the end bit 90 degrees and then prized the door ajar and wedged something in it to keep it open, then pushed the wire in til it was in position to push the tongue on the latch down, happy days!,! .. Then pulled the latch apart and hit it with Teflon Grease ..hopefully no more issues.

In retrospect a squirt of crc or similar probably would have done the trick given it appears that the mechanism was simple binding on itself. But no guarantee the spray would reach the spot but using the small tube in the spray nozzle but might be enough to reach its g spot
I thought the same, but ended up getting a brand new mechanism. Was about $48 from memory.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 21-11-15
Valued Member

Guys, There is actually a lock mechanisim (as in using a key) behind the plastic between the latch buttons that you squeeze to open. Over time the lock seems to turn itself around until it is in the lock position. You simply drill a key sized hole in the centre through the plastic, insert a key and unlock it. It you keep the hole neat it does not look out of place.

Pat
Old 23-11-15

Send a message via MSN to Ricstar

Can be found here:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ht=Lock&page=3

2nd bottom of page.

Detailed pics and instructions. Very easy without doing any damage.
03 NP Exceed 3.5 Auto - LPG Inj, Tinting, 2.5t tow, Piranha / Remco dual battery setup, Maxxis 771 265/70/R16 - LT, GME 3420 UHF, 2" lift Kings and Bilstien?s, Engel 40L, Custom rear shelf, one wife, one child, Jayco Swift, no boat, And a Toy Poodle who prefers to ride in the Paj over the Commodore (My Mitsubishi Puppy).
Xmas list, Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Smartbar