• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fritterbug
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
    I've been using hema explorer app on Android for about 5 months. I've only managed about 4 trips in that time but hema explorer uses here maps for its online source. These can all be saved for offline usage when out of signal range. The satellite imagery is fantastic for beach and dune work and the odd track not listed but in general I find here maps to provide a large range of tracks not listed on Google maps or open street maps or at least gives track names which open street maps doesn't have.
    If a track or track name isn't on OSM you can add it yourself.

Depending on what third party app you are using it can take a while to get updated but it will come across eventually.
    MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Originally posted by Fritterbug View Post
      If a track or track name isn't on OSM you can add it yourself.

Depending on what third party app you are using it can take a while to get updated but it will come across eventually.
      Forgot about that. I might go through updating track names in my local areas when I have a few spare rainy days.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

I've been using HERE maps for a while now. I downloaded the Australian and New Zealand maps and can use it off line now so it doesn't use data. Was great when I was up north. Used it for two weeks solid, all off line and was always spot on with the route. The only thing that was often out was the ETA. When navigating to destinations that were a few hundred k's away, looking at the distance to destination and the ETA it wasn't right by up to a couple of hours. It did adjust itself after an hour or two though. It may have just been allowing for regular breaks or something which would extend the ETA
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X