Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to justcruizin
Default P0107 MAP low volt fault - Help please

So the car is running like shite and keep getting the P0107 fault code. I replaced the MAP sensor but still going into limp mode.

What else do I need to check/investigate?
08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

These threads might help. Could be manifold clogged up

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=20791&page=3

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=48216

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Thanks Aussieintas. Yes just had the manifold cleaned 2 months ago.

I am suspecting it is somehow electrical, as the problem has not been consistent and a new sensor has not fixed the problem.

I am not an electrical guru so not sure where to even start looking apart from connector plugs!!!
08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Check your vacuum hoses, especially the one near the map port for holes or splits. Really need or most accurately done by using a vacuum pump.

There has been several of us on this forum where the cause of MAP issues has been a split/perished vacuum hose with the culprit being the last leg of tube going into the MAP port of the engine.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Thanks Craka. That was going to be my next thing to check. I stuck the multi meter on the map plug and voltage is within specs (I think). 3.8v

I wriggled the wires and prodded the terminals inside the plug and it road tested ok. Actually went like the clappers.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy connection inside the plug. Time will tell I suppose. I have not heard of a faulty map connector causing issues in the past. Maybe I am the crash test dummy!!
Old 3 Days Ago

I was getting the same issues just yesterday but for p0108 high voltage fault map was throwing a hissy fit like no tomorrow limp mode when i had my lights and accessories on mostly at night.
I knew my battery was dying before hand so i changed that first all good since test ur battery voltage before your first start of the morning and check if its low it might be it.
Also I was getting u1120 that was kicking it into limp mode i would have to shut the car off restart it drive a couple more minutes then it would trip again but this time with cel which was then throwing p0108.