Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-05-19

Default No gear selection in any gear / Clutch stuck

Hi
I have had this happen to me a couple of times over the last few years. Every time it has happened after some reasonably deep water crossings (Over the top of tires for some length).
What I think happens is water enters the clutch housing and when you stop and turn off the car for a while causes stiction to occur (clutch tends to stick to flywheel). You find out when starting in neutral or with clutch depressed the car acts like it is in gear. Generally if you persist in key starting the car, the clutch will spring back and all back to normal. It tends to throw you when it first happens ( like the gearbox or clutch has failed not great when the first time was on OTT in cape York) But after years of normal operation after each time I thought is was worth sharing so if others experienced the same issue they can be aware of the cause. See attached photo 02-07-2015 just prior to first occurrence.
You can still select 2WD 4WD High & Low with ignition on just no gears can be selected. I selected low 4WD and key started both times it happened and this fixed the issue.
Pajero 2005 NP 3.8L Petrol Manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7020107.jpg (131.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by DAUMULLER; 15-05-19 at 10:04 PM.