• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Nt battery tray repair

The PLASTIC BATTERY TRAY, What were MM thinking. If yours hasn't failed yet, it most likely will.

So here is a simple $30 fix.

Remove the Battery Tray (3 x 8mm bolt and 1 x 6mm Bolt) and cut off the Rear lip. Trim the sides a little to remove the round corner. I used an Oscillating multi tool.

cut out the front corners of the battery tray

There are 4 little lumps the need to be trimmed back. this will reveal the 4 square holes.

Cutting out the corners and removing the original hold down lugs and the 4 little bumps on the sides allows the new tray to fit flat on the original tray.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ticky; 12-05-19, 08:29 PM.
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

I did a similar fix to Seigried, but I wasn't aware of his thread.

Super Cheap sell 2 sizes of these, the big one is about $26

I clamped the modified original and the new tray together for drilling, then drilled through the original mounting holes and through the new tray.

The original Tray is not flat so I made spacers to fit between the new tray and the old at the mounting points.

I bought a 4pk of Stainless Seel M8 x 60 counter sunk security screws from Bunnies to replace the original bolts. The one closest to the engin screwed straight in but I had to cut about 20mm of the other 2. The counter sink pulled down nice and the reason I selected these bolts was their flat socket head.. Stainless steel is never a bad idea IMO.

The battery ended up the thickness of the new tray higher than original, about 1mm.

Steve
    Attached Files
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X