• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by coughy View Post
    thank you oj one more question does the plugs have numbers on them so you know which ones are which??
    because i work for a forklift company and our forktrucks do this... so it is easy to find the right plug...
    No labels to my knowledge look at the bottom of the above circuit diagram and this will show you the plug size also look at wire colours.

cheers, old Jack.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Matty_P
      • May 2014
      • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Have had the same error code on an intermittent basis. A few weeks ago heading from Sydney to Newcastle got the code, fuel consumption figures just kept going lower and gearbox shift pattern changed. It sorted itself overnight should have stopped and disconnected the battery I guess.

Will check the connections as suggested thanks OJ.

Comment

• reciprovac
        • Jan 2011
        • broadford Victoria, Australia

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        No labels to my knowledge look at the bottom of the above circuit diagram and this will show you the plug size also look at wire colours.

cheers, old Jack.
        Old Jack, you seem to have a good set of wiring diagrams.
        Could I enquire how and where I can get the same ?
        I did buy a manual disc on Ebay but it is very hard to use and does not seem to give all the info required.
        Just for interest a friend has just had his toyota 200 series towed home due to a electronic fault that sent the vehicle into low range and could not be reset by RACV,so it is not just Challengers.
        Regards
        2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
        Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

I have factory wiring diagrams from both online and hard disc service manuals, problem is there a several hundred diagrams that cover all global variants so it takes quite some practice to know which diagrams to use and which to not!

cheers, old Jack.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• rrichmond
            • Mar 2015
            • Brisbane

Similar issue.

Interesting reading this. On my way back home last night we had to catch a ferry. I had my iOBD2 sensor plugged in and was looking at my phone when it asked to connect (I had been using my iPad up to that point). So I let it connect and ran Torque on my Android phone. Started the car when the ferry got to the other side on the ferry and noted that the traction control, ABS and stability lights would not go off.... So got up the road and I removed the iOBD2 bluetooth plug and started the car again and the lights went out but the check engine light came on.

Disconnected my phone and plugged the iOBD2 device back in and the Engine code cleared..hooked up my iPad and saw the P1901 code. (Not sure if I can clear that code?)

With the Torque app on my Android phone, I had added a plugin for the mitsubishi, (none of the codes seem to work) and I suspect it may have something to do with that as the iPad works fine and has not extra codes (but it is using the iOBD2 app)

Thought I might share that with you guys in case something strikes a familiar cord.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by rrichmond View Post
              Interesting reading this. On my way back home last night we had to catch a ferry. I had my iOBD2 sensor plugged in and was looking at my phone when it asked to connect (I had been using my iPad up to that point). So I let it connect and ran Torque on my Android phone. Started the car when the ferry got to the other side on the ferry and noted that the traction control, ABS and stability lights would not go off.... So got up the road and I removed the iOBD2 bluetooth plug and started the car again and the lights went out but the check engine light came on.

Disconnected my phone and plugged the iOBD2 device back in and the Engine code cleared..hooked up my iPad and saw the P1901 code. (Not sure if I can clear that code?)

With the Torque app on my Android phone, I had added a plugin for the mitsubishi, (none of the codes seem to work) and I suspect it may have something to do with that as the iPad works fine and has not extra codes (but it is using the iOBD2 app)

Thought I might share that with you guys in case something strikes a familiar cord.
              The Torque app is known to throw P1901 codes unless the communication protocol is changed from Auto to ISO15765 - 4 CAN11/500. You can make the change in vehicle profile settings.
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• shortSteve
                • Dec 2012
                • Perth

I just had the same code, abs and tc lights when I swapped my eds scan tool for a scan guage 2, but used the same cable. Swapped cables and all good, couldn't reset ecl but disappeared after the 8 or so start ups. Precious things lol
                MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
                twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
                15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

• whereswes
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                  There is not a list of all fault codes in the one place in the manual so you have to search all the systems separately until you find the fault code,
                  You're right OJ, it's a pain.

I put together a little glove box guide to fault codes (just copied and pasted from various sections in the online manual). I think I've got them all but happy to hear if not so I can update.

Main reason is if I happen to cop a fault code whilst touring, I can at least understand what caused it and make a judgement call on whether it's safe to clear.

Longer term plan is to chase an electronic manual that I can format to an Ipad, though not sure what the chances are with that.

Cheers
                  Wes
                  Attached Files
                  2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• itsamitsi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Mmmm mines just done exactly this. Have reset fault code and will see what happens.... Oh and it's in the Trans ECU that needs to be reset, not engine ECU.
                    Last edited by itsamitsi; 08-05-19, 09:25 PM.
                    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X