Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Is there a way to confirm 4H engaging except the dash lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadowarrior
    • Jul 2010
    • Gold Coast

Is there a way to confirm 4H engaging except the dash lights?

Hello gentlemen,

I had my 4h solenoid/fuse replaced recently since I had flashing 4wd lights ( sometimes it won't even light up). Since it came back from the workshop, I don't feel the heavy steering line I used to when using 4h vs the 2h mode. It could be in my head, so was wondering if there anyway else to confirm?

Cheers.
    Titanium MY14 Challenger Auto, MM Steel bullbar, MM tow kit, MM foglights, MM carpet mats.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by shadowarrior View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

I had my 4h solenoid/fuse replaced recently since I had flashing 4wd lights ( sometimes it won't even light up). Since it came back from the workshop, I don't feel the heavy steering line I used to when using 4h vs the 2h mode. It could be in my head, so was wondering if there anyway else to confirm?

Cheers.
    Put the vehicle on a hoist and engage 4H .. (all wheels spinning it’s in)

Ps if hoist unavailable x4 jack stands.. (be careful .. only go at idle) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

Put in 4H
      Confirm in 4H by the lights on the dash
      Jack up one front wheel.
      Try to spin wheel by hand
      It shouldn't or it'll be Ken hard to spin it too far
      You may have to spin the wheel until you hear a distinct click/clunk of the gears locking in to place
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X