Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 30-04-17
Valued Member

Default Any school teachers here?

Bobbi has written a book and is hoping to have it available in high schools.

It isn't a text book, more a self help. She does have quotes from other authors that are acknowledged but not referenced.

Would the Education Department require them to be referenced?
Old 30-04-17
Valued Member

Bruce,

If it's a quote it needs a reference to original author. at times permission to use is also required. When intellectual property has not been acknowledged it often lead to difficulties.

Not a teacher in NSW but have had the experience of having my original work presented by others as their ideas.

Reference with permission and you won't have any difficulties. It may incur a cost however.

Hill
Old 01-05-17
Resident

In the realm of academia, it doesn't even need to be a direct quote; if you are using somebody else's published idea, no matter how much you have paraphrased it, it should be acknowledged.

The requirement for permission become more complicated, entering the realm of copyright. I believe that, technically, you can reproduce up to 10% of a copyright work without permission, but better to obtain permission if you can, particularly for a commercial product that you intend to sell.

Better safe than sorry!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 01-05-17
Valued Member

Thank you for your replies.

Maybe I didn't explain it sufficiently. In the body of the book all direct quotes are acknowledged. There are no reference pages at the end of the book.

EG: "it was found 37% of women questioned........" Lister Wilson et al.

some research suggests ".................." William Rodgers.
Old 12-01-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weron View Post
Can anybody tell me about more sites like (redacted)? I`ve checked them out and it turned out that they can do student papers really well but I need someone else to do my another paper at the same time, so if you can advise me something, I`ll be glad, thanks
If that's not spam and you are a student, this may be blunt but do yourself and everyone else a favour. Put in the work and do the essay(s) yourself.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 13-01-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
If that's not spam and you are a student, this may be blunt but do yourself and everyone else a favour. Put in the work and do the essay(s) yourself.
Location said Sydney, IP address said Russia, I said spam.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 13-01-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Location said Sydney, IP address said Russia, I said spam.

\I,ve just logged in using a VPN acct. Can you tell me what country I am supposedly communicating from?
Old 13-01-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
\I,ve just logged in using a VPN acct. Can you tell me what country I am supposedly communicating from?
Your IP is connected to a .com address for a VPN service provider, reported as being in Japan. The company also advertises a server in Sydney.

Old 13-01-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Your IP is connected to a .com address for a VPN service provider, reported as being in Japan. The company also advertises a server in Sydney.

cHEERS MATE. yES...THE SERVER IS BASED IN jAPAN. nICE TO KNOW ITS WORKING. tHANKS AGAIN.
Old 13-01-19
Valued Member

Dicko you can go here: https://whatismyipaddress.com and check your IP and its location any time you wish.
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.

Last edited by Lazarus; 14-01-19 at 01:41 PM.