• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olderperson
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Third row seats NP

Can anyone tell me how much the third row fold down seats weigh? I need to gain a bit of Pay load to fit some stuff in for a trip and wondered how much I would gain if I remove these seats completely.
    Thanks
    Graham
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

About 20Kg and 2 minutes to remove, great storage area
    Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• olderperson
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

Thanks just what I needed to know
      Graham

Comment

• Wal
        • Jun 2007
        • Gold Coast

Mne were taken out 5 minutes after I got home on the day I bought it.The area where they were folded down is fantastic as a storage area, especially for long thin things like poles, roll up tables etc.

Comment

• Sandgroper
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Perth

Hi Graham, I don't know how much weight you plan on putting in the back but I can highly recommend fitting Polyairs to the rear springs if you are putting a lot in there. They are great!
          Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• olderperson
            • Jun 2007
            • Brisbane

Thanks sandgroperI was up to an estimated 680kg and thought I was cutting it a bit too fine, the extra 20kg may just be enough for my needs. In any case it will be the max if that is the way we go. Its either the maximum load or we get a camper trailer.In a lot of ways I would much prefer not to tow a trailer and we are just trying to work out if we can pack into the car everything we think we need. I was thinking some King springs. Graham

Comment

• Sandgroper
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Perth

Graham, if you like the way your NP drives and handles normally fitting Polyairs will give your rear springs the extra support they need when you load up for your trips by inflating them, then when you return and unload you can reduce the Polyairs to 10psi and still have the good ride. If you fit heavy springs you will have to put up with a perminately stiffer rear end.
              Hope this helps,
              Sandgroper.
              NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• stu68
                • Aug 2007
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
                Graham, if you like the way your NP drives and handles normally fitting Polyairs will give your rear springs the extra support they need when you load up for your trips by inflating them, then when you return and unload you can reduce the Polyairs to 10psi and still have the good ride. If you fit heavy springs you will have to put up with a perminately stiffer rear end.
                Hope this helps,
                Sandgroper.
                Thats a great tip Sandgroper
                Thanks for that.......Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X