X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msman
    • Mar 2012
    • melbourne

might pay to check for other suppliers if you have a few days to spare.
    mitsu part number 1240A055 is oil cooler for my NW.
    punch your VIN here to get part number or ask your dealer https://partsouq.com/
    partsouq $550US+delivery
    Amayama $480US+deliery
    above 2 will usually take a few weeks might have to check with them to see if they do express.

surely someone in europe has one cheaper.

But if your selling in Feb SC should do the job.
    see if wrecker will come to party with some labour costs in event of warranty needed?

Comment

• 5t0n3y
      • Oct 2015
      • UK

Yeah that's the part number. From the diagrams it looks like you get the full assembly. You can't just order the heat exhanger element.
      I did do a bit of research and a few of the technical guys at work did the same. Its dealer only in the UK. I did find the part cheaper from Lithuania or Russia (about 650 Euros) but with all respect there's no chance I'm paying that kind of money to a eastern block website. More of a gamble than fitting a 2nd hand part.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the dealer part. The car is waiting for it at the moment. They can't start flushing the system til it's all back together again. Not expecting it back until next week.

Comment

• SteVeskY
        • Nov 2019
        • Tarneit

I just had the same problem on my Paj NX. I got the car 2015 and lucky it is still under warranty. Car has been towed yesterday and is still with Mitsubishi. Hope it will have a good fix as we are heading to the big red bash next year and do the crossing.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

For anyone whom cleans out themselves, we recently did a Fendt tractor at work same problem.

Due to us being nicer than car dealers we allowed the owner to do the flushing, time consuming job, our techs dissasembled, which was also a big job on this machine & were scratching there heads big time this things water jackets was chocka block, so was everything else that radiator water flowed through. How to get it out.

Point of this reply is, dishwashing tablets in radiator which was out on ground & dishwashing powder were a real winner, this tractor had a big gutfull of oil, the owner googled it for real

Radiator when he began cleaning you couldn't blow hot water through the core it was that blocked.

Took couple days just the cleaning part, but shed back out in the paddock now for last few months.
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Jasonmc:
            I am curious about dishwasher tablets in the CW system. I assume that they were used to clean up a clogged radiator. is this correct? If so, what process was used? Hot water, cold water? pressure flush? From what I read, the radiator was out of the tractor when it was cleaned.

Comment

• Wazza999
              • Jun 2018
              • Canberra

Dishwasher tablets/powder contain alkaline/caustic salts that will increase the pH of the radiator liquid. If you have a aluminium channels in the radiator this will cause problems as it will corrode and dissolve the aluminium leaving an aluminium hydroxide gel. Not a problem with copper.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar

Comment

• Scooby
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2011
                • Ipswich, Qld.

On heavy earthmoving equipment have used Finish dishwashing powder since I can remember for flushing cooling systems that have oil in them. After the oil cooler has been repaired, fill with water and add powder run machine up until hot them dump the water and repeat until oil residue is gone. Have left in over 24hrs but not longer.
                Once clean flush a couple of times with water then refill with correct coolant.
                Not sure why Finish is the go to but it was what I was taught to use. Possibly lower acidic, low foaming?
                Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

One time with my Range Rover I had the heads off for some reason ( cannot remember now). The previous owner had the car serviced regularly every 10000 km. Problem was that it used to take 18 months or more to do that distance and most ofit was short cold runs. Result - heavy varnish type coating all over the heads. A friend suggested to clean them up by boiling them in a 20 Litre drum of water and OMO. The heads were too long to do them in one go, so he did one end, turned it over and did the other. I couldn't see any difference in the middle where there was overlap and it received 2 doses. The aluminium was really shite and briny after that.

When (if) my time comes to clean the intake manifold on my NW diesel, that is the way I will do it.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post
                    Jasonmc:
                    I am curious about dishwasher tablets in the CW system. I assume that they were used to clean up a clogged radiator. is this correct? If so, what process was used? Hot water, cold water? pressure flush? From what I read, the radiator was out of the tractor when it was cleaned.
                    The machine was pulled apart yes,
                    I didn't stand & watch i'm in sales now, although once swung spanners, machine owner fairly handy was given the knod to do it, save labour once it was all disassembled as we new it was going to get rather expensive in hours.
                    He's long term customer

The idea to cleaning out of machine was basically radiator was blocked, chocka. Actually to the point core was properly blocked basically. I recall looking at it, whole system was something you just looked at & shook your head, rest of cooling system full of gunk as you can imagine.

Whatever could come off did & was cleaned out of machine, then new cooler installed, reassembled & dishwashed again again assembled to get the rest out.

Come to think about it i haven't heard of aluminium pots melting in dishwashers from the powder.

The tractor works contractor & he hasn't been back.

Discussing with our workshop tech's as it interests me the dishwashing powder shifted it, degreaser wasn't making a dent on the fully clogged radiator, large expensive radiator
                    Although I think once they had flow degreaser was given a whirl as well!!

The winner was dishwasher chemicals as someone else suggested like "finish"

The only thing they didn't try was chemical drum we use called mower restorer, i can guarantee that does eat aluminium & skin.
                    But its wonderful stuff once you know where & how to use it I love the stuff!!
                    Although i've learnt some lessons with it, the hard way
                    Last edited by Jasonmc73; 20-06-20, 08:20 PM.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X