• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrorejap
    • Jun 2009
    • Lara, Victoria

Long Range Tank on Exceed or VRX Diesel

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of info on a long range tank for my Pajero VRX, in particular one fitted to a VRX or Exceed (models with rear air cond unit). If you have one fitted, what brand, how many litres does it hold and any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Rob
  • onallfour
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2010
    • Camden, Sydney

Howdy
    I have a VRX and went for a brown davis tank as it was the biggest available and for me was the cheapest delivered too. It holds 65 litres and pumps it into the main tank when you flick a switch. There is a fuel gauge too. I fitted it myself and saved a bit of coin that way.
    I extended the fuel pick up by about 20mm so I should have more than 65 litres capacity but i have not filled it up at a servo since the mod was done yet.
    The kit comes with everything you need if you want to install it yourself and comes with good instructions.
    Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• tar
      • Dec 2011
      • brisbane

i looked into it but they wanted some where around the $1400 mark for 60 litres so just decided to make up a jerry can holder to hold 6 tanks gives me 120 litres and attached it to the front of the camper $180 all up works a treat
      2011 RX Warm white, Stereo upgrade, Towbar, Tinting, Interior Protection, Paint Protection, Electronic Rust, TJM Sump Guard, bonnet protector, 75w HID spotties, 2'' Bilstein and kings, airtec snorkel, Cooper At3, uniden uhf, custom rear lighting, colour coded deluxe bull bar, piranha battery tray with abr isolator ... more to come

Towing: Jimboomba Camper trailer

Comment

• achjimmy
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Blue Mtns

Got the long range automotive tank, highly recommended. 58litres with rear air but have squeezed 62+ litres in it. The mounting is very neat with dedicated brackets that requires no drilling. Do a search on here you will find lots of posts and info about the various brands available. Runs its own sender, magnet on the pick up, seperate filter and pump.
        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• mrorejap
          • Jun 2009
          • Lara, Victoria

Aux tank

Thanks for the replies...much appreciated

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X