• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boofy1
    • Jan 2020
    • Sydney

2inch lift suspension upgrade

Hi guys after some advice I’m ready to put new suspension on my NT it’s got 200k on the clock and gets used regularly and off-road . I’ve got a drawer system full of tools and a 65 litre waeco fridge that stays in the back . I’ve just put a winch into my TJM bullbar. I’m in Sydney and looking for recommendation for installation of 2 in suspension lift and heavy duty springs
    Thanks in advance guys
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Ultimate Suspension. They'll weigh the vehicle and then spec springs and shocks to suit what you want/do.
    Chris

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Old Jack is the man for the job

& sound like the weight Kiwi1973 would have just carried across Central Asia just as a point of reference.

His suspension would be worth a look for reference, https://www.5gooverland.com/
      Keep in mind he busted Kings rear HD spring & fitted Rear EHD springs along the way from memory, think airbag failed, followed by spring I think?

So your choice is probaby something like Kings or alike EHD springs all round & good quality struts & shocks.

Kings Front KCRR-34HHD
      Kings rear KCRR-35EHD
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• DaveH
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • sydney

Don't use TJM shocks. Mine lasted less than 58,000Kms in the front end. They were out of warranty by time but not distance and when I complained they said QUOTE "I would say that is pretty impressive for a constant moving non serviceable part where the oil thins out and the seals break down over time. "

I have replaced the TJM stuff with Ultimate Suspensions springs and shocks.
        2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

• Jackal
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
          Ultimate Suspension. They'll weigh the vehicle and then spec springs and shocks to suit what you want/do.
          I 2nd your comments Chris re Ultimate Suspension. Before I had my NT Pajero lifted, Ken asked me to do some suspension (height) measurements both with caravan hitched up and sans van.
          I emailed these to him. A few days later I was at his workshop to have the job done.
          The day I had mine there, they had two other Pajero's in for a suspension kit, and the three of us left with different specs from one another--because we each had different requirements.
          I don't think too many other manufacturers/suppliers do that...Alan.

Comment

• Terryo
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

X3 for Ultimate suspension. Have had my suspension for close to 200K. I am reasonably close to the factory so turned up there with the Tvan on the back and they weighed every thing and couple of days later installed the suspension set up for what I was doing with it. Not just a bunch of stuff off the shelf like a lot of others.
            Just recently replaced the shocks as one of the back ones sprung a leak. Was away from home when it happened and they posted me out new ones no problems. When I got home I got the front ones rebuilt by them so they were all about the same age. I think that was about 170K on the old shocks. That included a 3 month 16 000km trip to The Kimberly and lots of shorter ones mostly with the Tvan in tow.
            They are really good to deal with as well.

Terry
            2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
            NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
            NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• Paj11
              • Jun 2017
              • Sydney

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
              2nd that, they are at Ingleburn.
              2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• pharb
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Tyers,Vic

Had Ultimate shocks on my old NJ. Did about 100,000km before a rear one failed. Don't know how long they had been on before I bought the car. Replaced the rears with a pair of Ranchos. They lasted about 50,000km before one broke a rod.
                Replaced the front Ultimates with Konis. They have probably done 70,000 or 80,000km. Stilll no leaks.
                PCOV Member 1107.
                Daily driver NX GLX
                Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• alanymarce
                  • Apr 2015
                  • Colombia

We put on Dobbinson's kit, with a 50mm lift. Have covered a little under 50,000 Km since, with some tough terrain, and it's performing as new.

Comment

• Boofy1
                    • Jan 2020
                    • Sydney

Thanks a lot for all the information guys I’m going to give ultimate a ring tomorrow

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X