• Dec 2015
    • Sydney

I'd be interested in one too if they are still going

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

I'm heading to bali in feb/march and may be able to pick some up if needed for perth people, just have to double check if we have checked baggage or not.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Garc
        • May 2015
        • Perth

Count me in for one as well please.
        Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Robuck
          • May 2015
          • Brisbane

Yes i'd be keen as well please.

Edit: Just realised you said Perth....if you feel like shipping to Brissy then count me in.

Cheers.

Comment

• Alyosius
            • Nov 2016
            • NSW

Depending on the total posted to Sydney I would probably be up for a set as well.
            2010 GLX NT
            Installed: Carjoying Headunit, Hayman Reese electric brake controllers, awning, dual battery, Bushskinz guards
            Awaiting installation: Rear camera, USB power outlets
            Planned:

Comment

• starjunk
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2011
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Buddha View Post
              ?....
              The bags sit up at there rear side of the spare wheel due to where the material runs over the spare wheel cover, It might be possible to have an inverse V shaped slit (with supporting stitching) at the point where the fabric runs over the spare wheel cover?

Issue associated with this is that it seems to prevent the bag from tightening over the spare wheel evenly at the front and rear of the wheel.

Secondly, the straps underneath are about 10-15 cm to short. The strap furthest from the door will connect at full extension (no tightening is possible) and the strap closest to the door won reach at all so I am unable to connect the clip on the rear strap. In addition to this the clips themselves are not of the highest quality and pulled apart when I did try to tighten the one I could connect. So I will probably sew some additional webbing to the straps and replace the clips with something more sturdy. (FYI I don not have the spare wheel lift kit fitted and am running D697's at 265/65/17.

For the new bacth, if the v shaped cut can be adequately described (happy to discuss what I mean more if it is not clear) and the straps can be lengthened it would be perfect I reckon)

All of this said, for $60 odd I am pretty happy and the issues are relatively easily addressed with a trip to bunnings, some planning scotch and a sewing machine

Thanks again to Nayala for organising
              Any plans for another batch order of these? Sounds as though it would be desirable to have longer straps with cam lock buckles.... and change of angle where the top over wheel part meets the top of the bags(?) to accommodate the bulkiness of the spare wheel cover.... Did I understand that correctly Buddha?
              With those refinements I'd be keen for sure!
              '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
              '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
              '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
              '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Buddha
                • Apr 2013
                • Canberra

Hey Starjunk

Not sure on whether more are being ordered but you are basically correct in your interpretation of my post.

The issue I found is where the rear wheel cover meets the door the bag sits high at that point either side so is a little hard to get straight. It is not a deal breaker though, just a suggested improvement if they were continuing to be use by forum members

Re the straps, I extended mine by stitching additional strap material and then bought some sturdier clips from buntings. This made it more secure.

Good luck with sourcing a bag, there are a couple of other solutions about on the forum too noting that the bags as they stand can potentially scratch the cover and paintwork in that area. (Mind you so do all the trees on the narrow tracks I seem to find out bush, great addition to a black paj )

Comment

• starjunk
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by Buddha View Post
                  Hey Starjunk

Not sure on whether more are being ordered but you are basically correct in your interpretation of my post.

The issue I found is where the rear wheel cover meets the door the bag sits high at that point either side so is a little hard to get straight. It is not a deal breaker though, just a suggested improvement if they were continuing to be use by forum members

Re the straps, I extended mine by stitching additional strap material and then bought some sturdier clips from buntings. This made it more secure.

Good luck with sourcing a bag, there are a couple of other solutions about on the forum too noting that the bags as they stand can potentially scratch the cover and paintwork in that area. (Mind you so do all the trees on the narrow tracks I seem to find out bush, great addition to a black paj )
                  Buddha, cheers for the reply. Not too fussed about scratching the wheel cover as mine is scratched anyway, but paintwork is another story. I saw a suggestion about under bonnet but don't like the idea plus have a second battery there anyways.
                  Was there another solution that I missed? Will have to do a search and have a think about it.
                  Re the straps I definitely agree that those plastic clips don't look strong enough. Aluminium cam buckle would be way better, which is what you used I think? Or maybe just stronger clips.
                  '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
                  '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
                  '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
                  '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Buddha
                    • Apr 2013
                    • Canberra

No problem, here is the forum link to another option -

Re scratching it tends to rub a little bit the issue comes as it gets covered in dust from driving as this exacerbates its. That said I haven't found my self not using it because of this.

For the buckles, I just used heavier duty plastic clips and haven't had an issue, cam buckles would work as well

Cheers

Comment

• skeet182
                      • Sep 2011
                      • r-adelaide

Pm sent !

Comment

• zoiks
                        • Apr 2016
                        • Brisbane

Any news of another order?

Comment

• AlextheKid
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Amberley, Queensland

I would really be interested in purchasing some saddle bags before the big lap

Comment

• redbruce
                            Administrator
                            • Sep 2019
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by AlextheKid View Post
                            I would really be interested in purchasing some saddle bags before the big lap

Add an another one here!
                            PCOV Member 1954
                            MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• Webguy
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Sydney

Are these suitable for 18inch rims/wheels? Will they sit correctly with that size wheel/rim?

Some of the first batch are nearly 5 years old, how are they holding up and how much rubbing has occurred?

Is there another batch being done? If so, what price to Sydney please.

Comment

• Hatto
                                Valued Member
                                • Nov 2013
                                • Mandurah WA

I had one for a few years untill it fell off and got dragged a few km destroying it. To be honest, I dont think I'd get another. It has left quite a few rub marks around the spare wheel garnish. I used to put rags here and there as protection to stop rubbing but vibrations from gravel roads would have them fall out or move.
                                The idea is great and if the outside of them were made from or covered in a soft spongy material it would be perfect.
                                I replaced the lid velcro with zips too. The velcro was becoming less sticky.
                                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X