• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodsfromday
    • Jul 2017
    • Kingaroy

Tensioner/pulley removal

Its been a while since i last posted. About a week ago this squealing nouse started. Sounds like a dry bearing. Believe it to be these 2. Not really sure how to remove them. Would really like to replace all of them. Thanx

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Online tech manual link below, section 14 shows how to remove belt and the pulleys etc set up.

Section11b (alternator and drive belt section) shows bolts etc for each pulley.

Need to take tension off the belt first on the auto tensioner, remove belt then the pulleys can be removed is a very quick guide.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
      • Jul 2017
      • Kingaroy

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
      Online tech manual link below, section 14 shows how to remove belt and the pulleys etc set up.

Section11b (alternator and drive belt section) shows bolts etc for each pulley.

Need to take tension off the belt first on the auto tensioner, remove belt then the pulleys can be removed is a very quick guide.
      Thanx. Where is that link please? Found it thanx
      Last edited by rodsfromday; 17-07-19, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Heres the link for others. Can be found in the Do it yourself projects section of this forum, DIY Bibles, scroll down to Gen 4 Body and Tech Manual. Open that and it explains in that thread how to open it. It's worth saving as a bookmark for future reference.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
          • Jul 2017
          • Kingaroy

Thanx Tas did that. These pulleys are doing my head in. Found the tensioner pully and the 2 upper pulleys on ebau for about $120 total. On spares box they almost $500 all up. What am i missing here??

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Originally posted by rodsfromday View Post
            Thanx Tas did that. These pulleys are doing my head in. Found the tensioner pully and the 2 upper pulleys on ebau for about $120 total. On spares box they almost $500 all up. What am i missing here??

Possibly longevity of replacement parts/ quality of bearings. Sometimes though you just may have missed the middle-man gouge.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• rodsfromday
              • Jul 2017
              • Kingaroy

Update. Got all the parts i needed. New tensioner,new drive belt and idler pulleys. Took me 30min to do. Hardest was the belt part. Thanx for advice.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X