Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 30-01-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
Many thanks for that, hope he is having a fantastic time. Such dedication track testing the latest version of software
With the storms going through the high country at the moment, I wouldn't want to be there.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 03-02-19
Valued Member

Back from the high country now. Vic is a great place for off-roading and camping
I'll try to answer all the questions in one hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamitsi
Are the PB and PC connectors different? That's annoying.
Yes, unforunately they are different. And yes...very annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1e
I don't have NT but just wondering why the quirk upgrade is not a free upgrade? Honest question, not being smart or anything.
There is as small charge as it's not a trivial exercise to modify it. The unit has extra components added to the PCB, and an extra electrical harness which has genuine MM connectors for plug n play installation. Then there's the effort to re-program and test it, and return postage costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1
Many thanks for that, hope he is having a fantastic time. Such dedication track testing the latest version of software
Sure did And it did provide great new situation in which to test the software.
SPORT mode works exactly as I wanted on the very steep inclines - no changes needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky
I also believe M&M is doing a changeover service to speed the process up for the customer, but once again, I'm not certain.
No - I wasn't have to so this. The aim is for very fast to turn-around. Hence we delay shipping the upgrade kit so we don't get a flood of unit back at the same time and cause delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H
With the storms going through the high country at the moment, I wouldn't want to be there.
We headed to the north so missed the worst of it. Had some pretty mean hail though - which reminds me. I need to check if the roof got dented.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 03-02-19
Valued Member

Default Lockup-mate lite upgrade?

Marshall, does this upgrade offer extend to lockup-mate lite as well? You mentioned a while ago this should be available but I didn't see any mention of this product on the upgrade page (or elsewhere on your site).

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 23-02-19
Valued Member

I've have, what I'm told is the first Lockup Mate to be supplied with the 'quirk improvement' from new.

It's been installed for a bit over a week and I'm very happy to report that it completely resolves the quirk.

Great work Marshall!

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 02-03-19
Valued Member

Default installed Lockup Mate update to fix quirk

Just re-installed my Lockup Mate after Marshall updated it with the quirk fix. All works well, I can now drive it with Lockup Mate engaged around town, which was really not very enjoyable before the fix. So well done MM 4x4
As far as installation was concerned, it was all very easy EXCEPT inserting the new harness plugs into the existing transmission shift connector. Access is very limited and the male component of the OEM connector points forward and horizontal and is fixed on its underside, so can't be manoeuvered. The corresponding female plug (on the Lockup Mate harness) has to be manoeuvered down, forward, then come back on itself horizontally to meet the male plug. You do this pretty much blind, because your hand completely fills the access path, whose edges are unpleasant. Skin, blood and curses were left on the surrounding trim but I finally (after at least an hour) did it . You need hands that are thin, with long flexible fingers. None of my family or my neighbours is a concert pianist or has Marfan syndrome so I just had to persist. The female plug of the OEM connector and the male plug of the Lockup Mate harness are both mobile and not a problem to connect.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 02-03-19
Valued Member

Yes, you do the same when installing Auto Mate and I mentioned in the other thread that it was tricky and a wife with small hands would be a bonus. Otherwise try it with a couple of pairs of needle nose pliers. After buggering around for a while, once I had it lined up it slips in very easily.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 02-03-19
Valued Member

Yes, I won’t deny it is fiddley. I actually state this in the instructions.
The alternative is literally pulling half the dash apart.
I’ve done this step numerous times in my car. Sometimes I get it in 30 seconds, other times 5-10 minutes.
It’s such a good feeling when the connector slides in. Ahhh <<click>> Got it!
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread

Old 29-03-19
Valued Member

Reminder that the lockup-mate upgrade offer announced in last January ends on the 31st March, which is this Sunday.

see web-site for details https://www.mm4x4.com.au/lockup-mateupgradeprogram

The shift connectors for the PC challenger have finally arrived from Japan, so I'll be releasing auto-mate for the PC in April as promised, and also the lockup-mate upgrade program for the PC challenger.
Build thread