• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkwpajero
    • Jun 2008
    • Young, NSW

Fuel Manager

Anyone have a Fuel Manager secondary filter fitted to the passenger side of the engine bay? I don't have a second battery in the engine bay and want to fit one next to the OEM filter as my Provent 200 is fitted on the other side. Please don't tell me that I can fit a Donaldson filter cheaper. I have done extensive research and looked at both units and have decided a Fuel Manager is my preferred option. I am seeking a photo of one fitted as I have described.

James
    2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.
  • kblof
    • Apr 2017
    • Radelaide

Hi James
    I went down the same route as you but i have a second battery, below is the thread i posted pics in, post 38.
    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• jkwpajero
      • Jun 2008
      • Young, NSW

The Fuel Manager kit has arrived from Filters Plus WA, at a very good price. Fuel Manager with two 2 micron filters, hose, mounting hardware with AN10 fittings for $275. I am fabricating a mounting bracket for the passengers side firewall, so the filter sits next to the OEM filter. I will post some photos when finished.

James
      2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• NTBenny
        • May 2017
        • Newcastle

Waiting for my 2 micron kit, hopefully it'll be hear in the next few days.

Benny.
        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• jkwpajero
          • Jun 2008
          • Young, NSW

Fuel Manager fitted and given a test run. It is mounted on the bracket that came in the kit and I made another to fit it to the passengers side. The bracket I fabricated might be a little over the top, but it will stand up to harsh roads. And it was done for a cost of under $20 as I used some scrap that I had and just bought some cap screws and washers.

James
          Attached Files

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Nice job!

You've got that plumbed in after the stock filter I assume?

My next mod will probably be catch can and then secondary filter, just not sure as I still have 18 months warranty left (for what it's worth) and want to play it safe for now..
            Or is it better for the car just to do all that now??
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
              Nice job!

My next mod will probably be catch can and then secondary filter, just not sure as I still have 18 months warranty left (for what it's worth) and want to play it safe for now..
              Or is it better for the car just to do all that now??

I have the same car as you and I put catch can, egr block and aux filter on from brand new. Wont affect warranty.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                I have the same car as you and I put catch can, egr block and aux filter on from brand new. Wont affect warranty.
                Good to know !
                Cheers

Yes I just got my car in the last few months - I'm the 2nd owner but she's just clicked over 40,000km so still like new...
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• jkwpajero
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Young, NSW

Same here, although I am a second owner. I fitted them all as soon as I could and it only has 53k on the clock. 10 months warranty left.

James

Comment

• jkwpajero
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Young, NSW

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                    Nice job!

Yep, post OEM filter as a secondary filter.

James

Comment

• jkwpajero
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Young, NSW

Jeez what a mistake I made. I posted my experience fitting my setup on another on line Pajero forum, and copped some flack about it. It will rob the engine of power- It will starve the engine of fuel or restrict flow considerably. Should not fit post OEM filter, only pre filter. All from people who quoted hearsay or did not fact check before making statements. It just proves the interweb gives an outlet to some people who believe the earth is flat. I did a decent run in the Pajero yesterday up through the mountains west of Sydney and it ran like a dream.

James

Comment

• 2bad4u
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
                        I posted my experience fitting my setup on another on line Pajero forum
                        There's another Pajero forum? I thought this was THE ONLY forum.
                        Warren
                        2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
                        2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
                          Jeez what a mistake I made. I posted my experience fitting my setup on another on line Pajero forum, and copped some flack about it. It will rob the engine of power- It will starve the engine of fuel or restrict flow considerably. Should not fit post OEM filter, only pre filter. All from people who quoted hearsay or did not fact check before making statements. It just proves the interweb gives an outlet to some people who believe the earth is flat. I did a decent run in the Pajero yesterday up through the mountains west of Sydney and it ran like a dream.

James

Mate you get that sort of stuff on every board. Not to much of it here though.

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                            There's another Pajero forum? I thought this was THE ONLY forum.

Maybe referring to the farcebook forum....
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• jkwpajero
                              • Jun 2008
                              • Young, NSW

Maybe referring to the farcebook forum....
                              Yep, FB is chockers full of "experts". I don't know why I bother At least this forum is not infested.

James

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X