• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant 74
    • May 2008
    • Port Douglas, QLD

High Bean wire colour

Hi,

Installing some driving lights and need to find out what the high beam wire colour is on the left had side of a 2001 NM exceed.

I have a red with white strip and red with green strip.

grant
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Hi Grant. The wiring diagram I have shows high beam wire to be red/white for the LH headlight (via fuse 21) and plain red for the RH headlight (via fuse 20). To confirm this, connect either a circuit tester or multimeter to either of these terminals and the power should switch on/off as you select high/low. It is a positive switching circuit, so ground the opposite probe of your test equipment during your test.

If I'm incorrect please feel obliged to tell me so

S/C
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• scrivo
      • Mar 2009
      • adelaide. SA

Hi grant.... can second what sharkcaver said, installed my spolights a couple of weeks ago.
      05 NP. GME 4400, IPF Spotties, Factory bullbar, Snorkel, Rola racks and basket complete with shovel holder, tinted windows, fishing rod holder, 105Ah thumper, custom rear shelves, 80 watt solar panel, 80l waeco, hand winch and recovery gear,arb compressor, 2 inch OME suspension, polyaires, full set bush skinz bash plates, bridgestone D694lt, arb side awning and a cameron camper in tow.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X